Yaourt and libal.so.10 error

Hey all,
I had some trouble upgrading this new AL install, but was able to fix it using advice from the forum. Now, however yaourt doesn’t work and I’m lost. When trying to retrieve a package i get this error:
bill@archlabs ~ % yaourt -S lifeograph vivaldi
package-query: error while loading shared libraries: libalpm.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
package-query: error while loading shared libraries: libalpm.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The Arch Wiki says i need to “rebuild” package-query. I’m not sure how to do such a thing. I tried deleting and reinstalling package-query to no effect. Then i followed the Wiki to git and install the newest one, but get an error that package-query conflicts with archlabs-package-query.

One source there claims Yaourt is obsolete and i should use a different program for aur. Any truth to that? I’ve used it for years with no issues.

I do know the risks of aur. I only need 2-3 trusted programs; all my other needs are met by the standard Arch repos.

Any advice appreciated- and apologies if this has already been covered here and I’ve missed it. Thx.

1 Like

Same thing here, when using pacli, same error occurs when trying to install a package from AUR or simply update…

1 Like

Ok, the problem apparently is with an update of pacman to version 5.1 as described here:(https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9997/pacman-5-1-upgrade-breaks-pamac-yaourt-downgrade-and-other-things)

for me manually copying libalpm.so.10 to /usr/lib/ fixed a problem… at least for now…

1 Like

Yeah, me too… Booted into the problem this morning. When time permits, I’ll sort the issue on my system.

Thanks for the link.

Edit, yep… Worked, Thanks for the heads up

Fixed with @nate’s recent update.

Closing :smiley: