Worth a read

I’ll just set this right here :wink: I especially like the 3rd listing :wink:

3 Likes

Nice. Would have been cool if they used an up to date screenshot. But what the hey.

2 Likes

ArchLabs should be number one, it’s the only distribution on that list that doesn’t try to con the user into thinking that Arch is n00b-friendly. Manjaro is the worst IMO, their separate repositories just mean that important upstream fixes get delayed unnecessarily.

5 Likes

Thx for sharing @Chris .

Some new ones & some that I forgot about !

1 Like

He also forgot to mention that the Archlabs installer is arguably the most efficient tool to get a clean Arch desktop from them all… But who cares?!

3 Likes

This.

Also this.

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but i believe that the price Linux must pay to become “popular” for the masses can be very high, the price is to “loose its own identity”. I love Arch and OpenBSD because they took a different path compared to Manjaro/Ubuntu, and will not sell themselves just to please folks who are not up to pay the necessary effort to really learn and “own” their operating systems.

So i agree 100% w/ you @Head_on_a_Stick

2 Likes

I read that article a while ago, but yes I skipped to ArchLabs. Feel like it should be #1.
I never used Manjaro, but that might change when I get my PineBook Pro. Unless AL decides to create an ArchLabs Arms iso :smile:

Yeah that probably will never happen. Open to a community spin if anyone is interested but I highly doubt there will ever be an official ARM version of AL.

1 Like

This was just wishful thinking

1 Like