Working on a new release

We have started work on a new release. It’s mostly a refresh, but there are some cool changes incoming.
I’d expect something to be available within the next couple of weeks.

Something @cog posted put a real fire under my arse and has got me really fired-up. In a good way, of course.

Keep your eyes peeled.

16 Likes

awesome! I might not use it now, but who knows. I might just try it on another PC

1 Like

hello :slight_smile:
I’ve got a new laptop, should I wait for the new release or can I install the October one?
I would like to install immediately the October release :smiley: but maybe it would be better to wait, I do not know what to do :slight_smile:
thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Depends. If you keep it vanilla, how we release it, wait. If you just use it for an easy install of Arch, install it now :smiley:

4 Likes

Pretty true about using Al as in Arch installer. If you want the Al specific sauce better wait for that sweet sweet iso.

4 Likes

thanks a lot for the answers :slight_smile:
may I ask, more ore less, when do you plan to release the new ISO? :smiley:
it’s not easy to wait :grin:

Lol, it might take a little while if I base myself on last releases. One needs to be patient ! lol

2 Likes

Probably early next year, we will complete work over our Xmas holidays.

3 Likes

No rest for the wicked!

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

We aren’t exactly spending every waking minute on it so I can’t say we are run off our feet :smiley:

We will save that for later on closer to release.

2 Likes

sorry for asking :grinning: can not wait
have you an idea when the new release will be ready?

1 Like

No idea and I’m sorry to use a cliché, but it will be ready when it’s ready, :smiley:

8 Likes

thanks, just to know
I will install the last ISO in the meantime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

really excited to hear that. hopefully for people like me who are already on older base of archlabs, for us it would be seamless upgrade and not requiring full re-install? Main reason for me to ask this is because clean re-installing becomes quite painful when you have all your important data files and stuff saved all over your disk drive and taking backup, doing clean reinstall then restoring becomes quite needlessly time consuming. :sweat_smile:

and what is this “something” that @ cog posted which propelled this initiative if I may ask? must be something really suspense-ful haha. The more I read it, the more I wanna know what it is. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

You never need to reinstall, hence AL (just like Arch itself) being a rolling distro. A new release for already installed AL users is normally meaningless in a way.

In fact, you may ask (LOL), it was his release of Hatchery. Nothing like super far out but pretty decent in itself.

:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m going to install the new iso for one reason remove pipewire and have full control of my sound again.
Alsa rules

I have one question is pulse going to be installed by default again. No biggie I can remove it if this is the case.

1 Like