Where is pacman.conf located? Not present in /etc/?

I am sorry for asking a question that should most likely be quite obvious, but I have no idea where to look for the pacman,conf file in Archlabs beta?

I know that normally it should be located in /etc/pacman.conf, but the problem is when I open that location in nano, I get a message that says the /etc/ folder doesn’t even exist, which is a bit weird…?

Especially because when updating, the Archlabs repositories get synced properly, and they have to be defined in the pacman,conf file as I understand it, which means that file has to be present SOMEWHERE, just not where it typically should be?

Anyway, thanks for all your help!

Please post the exact command that you used along with the verbatim error message.

I’ve edited /etc/pacman.conf in the beta installer myself so I know it exists :slight_smile:

Note that you seem to be alternating between pacman.conf (with a full stop) and pacman,conf (with a comma). For clarity the file name should have a full stop (.) rather than a comma (,).

You should probably also explain why you want to edit that file, this may be an XY problem.

:blush: Oh well, I must have made the , typo several times yesterday when I tried to edit pacman.conf. Just wanted to add some external repos is all.

Everything works indeed as it should. Thanks… and I do apologise for wasting your time :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

No need to apologise, I’m bored out of my brain thanks to social distancing…

1 Like