What's your homepage?

Too bad, used to love DDG, guess it will become all like this over time.

1 Like

Unfortunately @altman, I think you’re right. The government can’t keep its tentacles to itself. And uses Bozos like Bezos (pun intended) to use as front men.

1 Like

@lol, you bet ! or bezoz as bozos.

1 Like

I use DDG or sometimes searx

That’s mine also. I’m always looking for answers or info that’s AL related, also let’s me get to this forum. Although I it under bookmarks.

1 Like

What!? You’re not gullible like most people are on this world? You must be old!:grin:

1 Like

As long as you’re our only one, you won’t be that insufferable :smiley:

Yup. Money talks for those people though.

2 Likes

New start page ( use it as search engine also )

Looks interesting. How do you like the results?

1 Like

Well , can t tell you much , just trying it, will comeback @ you later on , or remind me if I forget it, so far so good.

Edit, I like it better than searchx which kept forgeting my search requests as such when back paging.

Been using it a bit today; pretty good results.

I have taken a look at swisscow and found it to be interesting. The home page is a little busy. Will explore a little more when I get home.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting dilemma.
DDG is on Amazon servers and attached to Yahoo and Verizon in some way if I remember correctly. Yet, startpage and swisscows seem to be using Google and Bing for results. So using those alternatives are in a way supporting those companies, and it seems that using DDG would be supporting VZW and Amazon in a way. Even Searx is passing your search to some of those engines. Thus, voting with how you consume doesn’t seem to work in this case.

Perhaps we should start a Let me google that for you like site, “Let me look that up for you in a book!” All inquires will be answered within 3 weeks, thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing with swisscow… it’s pretty good search

1 Like

Yep @TimApple , the more I use it , the more I like it appart from the bloat on 1st page . But I can live with it.

1 Like

Regarding the DDG story, did you read the comments at the etherrag website mentioned above as well? Gabriel Weinberg (CEO of DDG) commented as well as many other ppl that seem to understand what they are talking about, very interesting discussion.
In the end, I guess choosing a search engine not hosted in the US is a plus but then again there are so many loopholes everywhere and as I always say: you can only be so secure. If the NSA or whatever other agency wants your data, they are most probably going to get it. Meanwhile, you can protect yourself against ‘standard’ data tracking and observation with smart behaviours, browser add-ons, VPNs, etc.

Sorry for off-topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can t be worst right ! @anon37345411

2 Likes

not sure about swisscows , i searched [midget nun orgy giraffe] with no results!

o well back to ask jeeves

o btw my homepage is the same as its been for years, https://www.archlinux.org/

Here it is @FluffyUnicorn :

1 Like

yah, twas joking i was