What TV Shows are you watching?

Just finished. Without spoilers for anyone else, who’d stil like to catch up: for me it is that classic ‘quest’ kinda story, still curious on what comes next. Actually I found the 1st part in Jakarta well set up. Can see the ‘game-heritage’ now as well, although the CGI is great. As usual with many series: it could be more brief and to the point (along the story-line), but hey, the producers have got some bills to pay. Wrapping up: yes, still okay, but not that captivating (for me) as Mayor of Kingston or Your Honor. I’ll keep watching though, even if just to see where it goes. Your take please @Dobbie03 ?
EDIT: small addition: I see one, linear, storyline. For instance with GoT, or the ones I mentioned, there are more interconnecting story-lines to keep up with. And if the writers are any good they will join up in the later episodes.

1 Like

I am unashamedly loving Doc Martin.
I had never heard of it before I went back to the UK for Xmas
I know its naff, but hell, I love Crocs and socks
My UK mates are horrified
Just pure chewing gum for the mind
And he makes me feel like my social skills are acceptable
Always liked Martin Clunes
And am in totally in love with Luisa-rrrr!

I enjoyed it, found the episode rather suspenseful. I did find the random barrels of fuel a little too convenient. I do love how so far both episodes have started at 2003. Gives us some more insight, especially for those of us who haven’t played the game.

So far I am rather satisfied.

1 Like

Yes, me too. More to come, fortunately enough :wink:

1 Like

i’m watching yellowstone starting this evening with season 4.

1 Like

@Dobbie03 What did you make of ep 03? We won’t be going through all 12 like this, but it was something different this time. He said with some understatement.

1 Like

fat ankles

How DARE you!
:joy: but you are right

Incredibly emotional. Nick Offerman really showed a different side to his acting.

Also, I’d happily go through each episode as they come up. I haven’t actually encountered anyone here in real life other than my sons that are watching The Last of Us, so any extra commentary is welcome.

1 Like

Fauda

1 Like

Just started S04 as well. Doron is his usual self :joy:

Great! Let’s keep it up in our ‘review’ corner :wink:

1 Like

I’m patiently waiting for Wicked Tuna and Mandalorian to release their new seasons… Might watch Wakanda Forever.

I use to watch Yellowstone every week but kind of dropped off. Couldn’t handle Beth and Jamie’s BS another ep.

It is a really well done show though.

Well, Episode 4. Predictable but an enjoyable episode. One complaint though, it feels as though nothing is happening. Yeah sure, they are travelling, but there is really nothing of substance. Hopefully later episodes will bring more.

1 Like

Agree. Scenery et al is amazing, great cgi. Character and storyline development slows down a bit. Although ‘father-daughter’ interaction is spot on (as i remember). But indeed more of the same, let’s hope Henry and son bring some more clarity and development. But Hank Williams when driving into KC seems appropriate :wink:

1 Like

All of this is new to me, so maybe not knowing the game is a disadvantage here?

1 Like

No, I don’t think so.

I don’t know the game either, but the show has to have enough qualities on its own.

Like a movie made of a book: sometimes it follows it pretty strict, sometimes not. Usually you are disappointed (I am) if you know the book. The discussion will distract from the movie. E.g. Game of Thrones. I don’t know the books, but I cannot really be bothered, it was a fantastic story for me. But Daniel Craig with a so-called New Orleans accent bothered me the entire Glass Onion :wink: