What is the weather like by you?

Getting old is not for wimps. :wink:

8bit

1 Like

Almost got my roof done.

4 Likes

Oh, lots of snow on there @cog

Good idea, better safe than sorry !

Yeah it was about a meter of snow compressed, I wasn’t so concerned about that amount as what it would be with another round of snow.

It’s a lot easier if you keep up with it.

2 Likes

Yep, compressed snow s heavy & if it melts or freezes back, it can have some ice on the roof, which can also be a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Makes note not to post a pic of snow on our roofs here… :thinking:

1 Like

It’s pretty hardcore up there.

Very few people clean there roofs here but have seen one guy more than once use a snowblower. It looked like it was more work to man handle the snowblower than it would be to shovel.

1 Like

I could install pro-panel and it would autoshovel but it’s actually better sometimes when it’s light snow and melts better than the fancy roofs.

We’re at 2286 meters in the mountains and the sun is crazy hot even when it’s below freezing.

1 Like

On the last few years, I ve seen some damages to roofs & others because of too much yet snow , if your roof s not reinforced it might collapse.

Couple years back we had a big tree fall on the roofs & had it fixed, & had another contractor reinforce it afterward, much safer now, but I was a bit nervous last year or 2 years ago because there was a lot of snow on it !

Luckily it melted quite a bit at the good moment, but some were less lucky.

1 Like

Looks like your out in the sticks. Generac makes a nice power bank … otherwise, you could share some sugar with the neighbor lady in exchange for the three "S"s.

:wink:

5 Likes

I’ve had a little cheap generac pull start for 6 years, nice little generator kept me warm a few nights, and also watching tv. Their top shelf stuff looks so nice.

3 Likes

1 Like

Stay safe !

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nice.
Despite my Ginger Scottish genes, I am more accustomed to the temperature after a few decades ‘down south’, 30 C is nice, 35 C my comfort limit, 40 C & I melt. I prefer 20 to 25 C still though.
What is the humidity there where you are @judd ?
I know here near Lisbon, 30 C feels much more comfortable than 30 C back ‘home’ in N. Essex UK where it is more humid.

1 Like

It is not so high humidity, but obviously very annoying.

Today it is quite humid due to rain.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 09-54-34 Servicio Meteorologico Nacional

3 Likes

Just perfect weather to me @judd . Some might find it cold ! lol

Today the weather is very nice!

1 Like

Nice! I like cool and rain with sunny patches

1 Like