What are you asking Santa for?

Basically what did you buy for yourself or asked for Xmas. Just thought it might be interesting and even funny what we consider good gifts to be.

Told Santa it was the only thing I wanted this year.

2 Likes

I just asked for a mild winter, I have everything else.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing other than a day of happiness, food and beer with my family. Hopefully we might get through a Xmas without a family argument.

5 Likes

Lol. I’m with you guys too. I don’t ever want anything. But Santa was insistent I told her something. Always like to expand the outside kitchen operation.

2 Likes

You know that Santa is now Amazon, don’t you?

The only thing one should wish for, and always wish for is peace. The thing is: why should we wish for it. Santa will not bring it to you, not on a Black Friday sale. Christmas needs to get rid of the myth of Santa Claus. It needs to get rid of the myth of the birth of Jesus of Nazarene. It needs to not be mythological in the first place. Christmas is about giving. But why only on day, and why have a season of it for only a few week post Thanksgiving? There should be a “War on Christmas” spearheaded by Mel Gibson. Tradition is bourne by culture, and culture it ultimately placated by commerce, and commerce also creates holiday culture.

One could ask Santa if they were naughty or nice, and Santa could say “Did you sacrifice a your first born to me?” as God asked in the First Testament?

Abel brought his offering “of firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions.” It was a sacrificial lamb. Cain’s offering was far more attractive than Abel’s was, but Abel’s was what God wanted. Cain offered sacrifices that were the labor of his own hands. Abel’s offering anticipated the coming of the Lamb of God. There is only one way for a sinner to approach a holy God and that is through shed blood. “Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins” (Hebrews 9:22). It is an echo of Leviticus 17:11. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls: for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.” If you have a problem with Abel’s sacrifice read what the same Jewish writer says a little later, " . . . Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel" (12:24). While the blood of Abel was prophetic and pointed forward to that which was to be, the blood of Jesus, on the other hand, declares the whole work of salvation is finished. The blood of Abel asked for atonement to be made, the blood of Jesus declared that the atonement had been made (Genesis 4:9-10). Abel’s testimony is recorded for us in Hebrews 11:4. It says, “By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks.”

In the fullness of time, the LORD God sent His Son Jesus Christ to make atonement for sin once for all. What begins as a small ray of light in Genesis shines forth in full noonday sun in the Gospels. Jesus died for our sins, yours and mine. God made Him sin for us in order that we might become the righteous in God’s sight (1 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 1:18-21).

Here is my wish to Santa: fuck off and leave my idea of Christmas to me, and tell all religion and commerce to not co-opt your ass.

MERRY XMAS!!

tl,dr: Everyday should be Xmas, and everyday should be a birthday. Because you should give everyday you are alive.

2 Likes

I just meant this to be a lighthearted and not philosophical, kind of like “tell us about your gadgets”.

Thus my very first sentence.

The spirit of giving should not be predicated on a season or a figure of the season. Christmas is not about what a mythical figure should bring you. It’s about what you can do for someone else. It’s should never be about materialism. It’s about sharing.

Of course anyone knows I would get totally hardcore about it. Because I am totally hardcore about Christmas. It comes from my late mother, I celebrate family, not Santa. Or Jesus. Or material wishes.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

1 Like

You haven’t offended me. I just was kind of disappointed because I thought you were gonna post a badass National lampoons meme.

I had, it was just from the 1st Testament.

3 Likes

LOL! This is heading to the quotes thread.

1 Like

I know one thing about people: the ones who have the least, give the most. Christmas to me is not about Jesus, Snata, or Amazon. It’s about love. I don’t need or want to have a holiday to remind me of that. I have to live by that everyday.

What Christmas is: is about asking forgiveness. To yourself, and to others. Asking forgiveness is what Jesus Christ taught, and to be able to understand forgiveness and accept it is the most beautiful gift you can not only give yourself but unto others.

Christmas is forgiveness and family.

Merry Xmas.

I whole heartedly agree.

1 Like

Had no idea until now, but my office colleague helped. It could be Samsung wireless charger.

Lol. I was really curious what the polish lab needed this year.

You an android user.

@nwg wasted all his Santa wishes trying to catch a fish.

Even an Android developer (at rest).

I use iOS to stay in touch with family, but KDE connect is so appealing.

I hardly believe, but MS MyPhone app does the job. At the office, of course.