User management and bluetooth setup

Hi there
New to Archlabs so please bear with me :slightly_smiling_face:
I managed to install and everything went well, I was surprise that i didn’t get an option to setup a new user during the install (or did I miss anything?)
I su into a terminal
I added a user user useradd -m -s eldad
set a password using passwd and got my confirmation, Though I can’t login to eldad with my password.
I was also surprised that there was no inclusion for bluetooth settings, what’s the best way to set this up? It asks for a password to run bluez and I have no idea what the password is! archlabs is not working…
appreciate your help

Hello sir, welcome to AL.

Unfortunately we had another similar case a few days ago, so by best guess is that you might have skipped an entire ‘tab’ in the installation script. My best solution would be to just reinstall and do it a bit more careful, it’s gonna take only a few more minutes than trying to toubleshoot this, but that’s up to you.

So, there are a few things you should try. I’m not entirely sure but I think you have to specify the login shell while you add a new user (at least I always do it like this), so you could try : adduser -m -s /bin/bash [username] , at this point just to test it out if it works don’t add a password to the user, just leave it there and try login without one (you can specify the password any time you want anyways).

But in any case you could always take some advice from the ArchWiki and find your solution there.

About your other thing, I’m not entirely sure but we might have dropped the bluetooth settings from the AL Hello script, but you can always check it on your own to make sure, just run al-hello on a terminal and re-run the post installation script and find out :stuck_out_tongue:

I went back to check just in case, al-hello script does still setup your bluetooth so my guess is that you accidentally skipped it. You can always run al-hello again :wink:

Thank you unix121!
I have reinstalled and paid more attention to the setup (it is not the clearest setup I have ever seen) none the less, all is working great :slight_smile:

2 Likes