ArchLabs Linux

US DOJ begins antitrust review/investigation against tech firms

1 Like

Potential to get ugly in a hurry.

Thx for sharing @PackRat . About time but it will make their owners much richer.

Look @ what happened to the Standard Oil Trust years ago.

Little fishes will no survive amongst all those sharks…

1 Like

Pretty much it @pippo

Yes I saw this today. I wonder if this will go somewhere, or will it cause money to change hands and cause this to sink back down to the depths of obscurity. I saw some of these hearings where the spokesman for Google answered all the questions with none answers, in other words, lawyer double speak. Like Ma Bell, Google has become a utility company gone monopoly. And to force their own political bias:

2 Likes

Their privacy disclosures need looking over, particularly google and facebook.

Going forward online identity should not be a commodity bought and sold simply by offering a so called “free service” or “low privacy free market”.

Making money or revenue of any kind off of peoples identity and privacy should be scrapped.

2 Likes

Trump is crazy.

1 Like

This article from back in 2017.

Top ten most valuable companies in the world today.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

Thx , bookmarked links @s7l

1 Like

Umm @ector, Trump has nothing to do with any of this. This is falling onto Congress which is causing the issue long before Trump came to office. This started way back… And remember, Trump isn’t a politician and to be honest I’m glad he isn’t. I hate politics and I hate when politicians treats us as fools and entitled when we the people voted them in. And no, I don’t agree with everything Trump does or says. I am just being honest.

3 Likes

Bring back the Monarchy!
Stop this power-to-the-people nonsense!
They only care about the Kardashians and the Area 51 rally.
Now I am talking like my great-grand-mother
And don’t forget that instead of Trump it could have been H.C. *panic scream

1 Like

This is good news indeed, just a shame the CMA in my country didn’t have the balls to do something similar…

2 Likes

This is interesting:

You never know, now that we have our little Trump-wannabe…

Looks like somebody is going to open his purse

1 Like

:cold_sweat:

1 Like

Yep, ugly - Rep. Gabbard sues Google for $50 million

$50 million is just a drop in a bucket to Alphabet. I’m surprised that she doesn’t think Hawaii will tip over like another congressman thought that Guam would tip over if there were too many people and aircraft stationed there… :woozy_face:

1 Like