US Department of Justice Files Antitrust suit against Google

Article at ZeroHedge

2 Likes

Thx for sharing, for what it will do.

Lol takes them 10ish years of near total monopoly on a number of internet fields for them to take notice, next up Nvidia.

3 Likes

Lol, looks like gouvernments everywhere are very slow to wake up on those matters, but very quick to increase taxes , seems weird right !

Nothing new under the sun

1 Like

You bet @natemaia

I don’t have anything against Google, I have done three gigs for them up in Mountain View, so there is that lulz, but I really hate Facebook and Zuckerberg. I stopped using FB simply because it’s an inferior product. I think congress should break FB into little pieces, and I am not one that cares for more government intervention into free enterprise, but I also believe industry needs to be held accountable when it comes to the public as well as be responsible in the overall impact it has upon the public as well. I find Zuckerberg a complete a total asshole who needs to be slapped down a few rungs, because he product is shite and ridden full of security holes, and it’s a cesspool of free thought and gives free reign to domestic terror cells in the name of capital.

1 Like

I like google’sproprietary software… use it frequently.

Off topic: As far as Facebook goes… doesn’t zuckerberg look like he’s on death row everytime he testifies? It’s the weirdest look in his eyes.

2 Likes

Newer big techs look like the robber barrons of the past, as an example what it did to J.D.Rockefeller Sr then ! He was only 4 times richer after the breakup the the Standard Oil Trust.

Why are we not surprised? :thinking: lol

lol, wonder why !

1 Like

Agree man, they must be held accountable. I also love the free market, but it only tends to be great up until big companies start to get “power drunk” and form new damn empires. One thing is certain, power systems are older than trees.

So from a realistic point, there’s nothing new here right… Just the old same sh%, different times.

1 Like

& as in 2007-8 it became known as being too big to fail, so these corporate asswholes knew they could do whatever they want without any consequences.

1 Like

Agree man, it seems that power drunkenness is a chronic disease which humankind can’t get rid off…

1 Like

Yep, as stated above, history repeats itself.

All governments suffer a recurring problem: power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.

— Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

1 Like

Nothing good came out of FB except Pytorch and Caffe2 … maybe React.js. Agree with you that Zuckerberg is a complete prick and he WILL Zuckerberg you if you get my drift.

1 Like

I find Google’s stuff pretty reliable and robust but unfortunately they dropped their “Don’t be evil.” clause from their code of conduct. No doubt they will descend and harm ordinary people with pure corporate greed.

1 Like

Great input @PackRat, I couldn’t agree more man. Thanks for share, I dind’t know this author. Cheers! :beers:

Ps: I’ve remembered that a classic work from Laswell talks exactly about it too Psychopatology and Power.

Also from Robert D. Hare Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us

1 Like