:: unable to satisfy dependency 'libx265.so=160-64' required by ffmpeg

so i can’t update?

:: Starting full system upgrade…
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency ‘libx265.so=160-64’ required by ffmpeg

I would remove ffmpeg , then try to reinstall it after updates.Wonder if ffmpeg still in the repo, not on my AL install right now, If I remember well I had to remove it.

I would also look at this thread here:

Try it with ‘x265-2.9-1’


\:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (11) electron-2.0.11-1  ffmpeg-1:4.0.2-6  git-2.19.1-1
              lib32-mesa-18.2.2-1  libheif-1.3.2-2  libx11-1.6.6-2
              mesa-18.2.2-1  opera-56.0.3051.36-1  psmisc-23.2-1  vlc-3.0.4-6
              x265-2.9-1

Total Download Size:   138.62 MiB
Total Installed Size:  546.14 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        1.95 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 psmisc-23.2-1-x86_64     105.7 KiB  34.4M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 libx11-1.6.6-2-x86_64      2.0 MiB  74.4M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 x265-2.9-1-x86_64       1531.0 KiB  74.8M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 mesa-18.2.2-1-x86_64      11.8 MiB  56.3M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 ffmpeg-1:4.0.2-6-x86_64    8.3 MiB  68.2M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 git-2.19.1-1-x86_64        5.0 MiB  65.6M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 libheif-1.3.2-2-x86_64   154.0 KiB  0.00B/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 vlc-3.0.4-6-x86_64        10.7 MiB  66.8M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 electron-2.0.11-1-x...    33.8 MiB  69.9M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 opera-56.0.3051.36-...    53.0 MiB  69.5M/s 00:01 [----------------------] 100%
 lib32-mesa-18.2.2-1...    12.2 MiB  39.3M/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
(11/11) checking keys in keyring                   [----------------------] 100%
(11/11) checking package integrity                 [----------------------] 100%
(11/11) loading package files                      [----------------------] 100%
(11/11) checking for file conflicts                [----------------------] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
( 1/11) upgrading libx11                           [----------------------] 100%
( 2/11) upgrading x265                             [----------------------] 100%
( 3/11) upgrading mesa                             [----------------------] 100%
( 4/11) upgrading ffmpeg                           [----------------------] 100%
( 5/11) upgrading electron                         [----------------------] 100%
( 6/11) upgrading git                              [----------------------] 100%
New optional dependencies for git
    libsecret: libsecret credential helper [installed]
    perl-term-readkey: git svn and interactive.singlekey setting
( 7/11) upgrading lib32-mesa                       [----------------------] 100%
( 8/11) upgrading libheif                          [----------------------] 100%
( 9/11) upgrading opera                            [----------------------] 100%
(10/11) upgrading psmisc                           [----------------------] 100%
(11/11) upgrading vlc                              [----------------------] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/7) Updating icon theme caches...
(2/7) Reloading system manager configuration...
(3/7) Creating system user accounts...
(4/7) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(5/7) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
(6/7) Updating the MIME type database...
(7/7) Updating the vlc plugin cache...
sudo pacman -Syyu  10.60s user 1.19s system 35% cpu 33.335 total


thanks y’all

2 Likes

Glad that you fixed it mate.

I didnt fix it. All i did was run the update again. the devs fixed it.

That s cool.

In some cases rename the file with .old resolved, after the embedding can delete the changed file.