UFOs in the night sky

Anyone else ever seen one (or more)?

Walking the dog tonight and saw a bunch of blinking lights moving erratically across the sky. Light show lasted about 20 minutes.

This is the 3rd time I’ve seen UFOs - twice in Oregon and once here in South Carolina. I don’t count the times I’ve seen lights in the sky in Nevada; the military is always testing new eqipment there.

2 Likes

Dad and I were coming home one night on the highway and there was a round shaped flying object with blinking lights hover over us and zoom off. I’ll never forget it.

1 Like

I’ve not. But this February there were 2 separate airline pilots that saw the same UFO just south of where I live in Arizona.

Arizona Pilots UFO Sighting

Partial transcript:

“American 1095, uh, let me know if, uh, you anything pass over you here in the next, uh, 15 miles”

“Let you know if anything passes over?”

“American 1095, affirmative. We had an aircraft in front of you that reported something pass over him and, uh, we didn’t have any targets. So just, uh, let me know if you see anything pass over you.”

“Allright.”

Shortly, the pilot radioed traffic control also reporting the mysterious object.

“It’s American 1095. Yeah, something just passed over us. I don’t know what it was, but at least two-three thousand feet above us. Yeah, it passed right over the top of us.”

1 Like

There happen to be quite a few airline pilots and military personnel that claim to have seen mysterious UFO styled craft in the skies. Some of it I am sure is experiments being conducted by the military, but I also believe some belong to our cosmic neighbors. Well, I like to believe they exist, anyways.

Would be an awful waste of space out there if it’s just us. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like to think of them as sort of cosmic-tour-ship groups.

Creatures from other planets book space tours of Earth to view the loonies.

1 Like

I have never seen anything. I do believe there is something out there. Whether they would bother with little old Earth I’m not entirely convinced.

2 Likes

Or, it’s just some dude that took the wrong cosmic exit in his space Winnebago.

2 Likes

Did you experience a time loss phenomena or anything like that?

I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything strange myself and I would humbly submit that any genuine sightings have been of explicable natural phenomenon rather than of alien origin — it is highly unlikely that any species advanced enough to leave their gravity well would still be inhabiting physical forms, this is just as quaint an idea as the thought of them bringing along their CD collections, IMO.

However, the Universe appears to be ~13.7 billion years old and life on this planet evolved from nothing to the point of exploring the star system with probes in ~4.5 billion years; most of the billions of stars in the Milky Way have habitable planets and even at 1 percent of the speed of light it would only take ~10 million years to cross the entire galaxy so the real question is not whether there is intelligent life out there but rather where the hell is everybody?

This is known as the Fermi Paradox:

Nah, don’t believe so. Our electronics never shut off nor did the vehicle cease to function in any way. The UFO really just looked like it was space cruisin’ around before zooming off.

You could I suppose take the First Contact approach and conclude there will be no official visitation until we reach a quasi-milestone that is some type of evolutionary marker.

I thought this may have been reached with the advent of the Yugo.

Alas … I was wrong.

2 Likes

This makes perfect sense and is probably likely in my minimal opinion. Life will never be the same once that happens.

2 Likes

Have seen something strange that I have not got a clue what it could of been?
It’s a bit difficult to explain,but it was something silvery coloured hovering very high up in the sky,it was reflecting sunlight,which was how I noticed it,but it stayed there for around 5 minutes,but then it shot off across the sky at a very high speed,then vanished,have not got any idea what it could have been?
The other strange things I have seen were not of extra-terrestrial origin,but just as strange,were Will-o’-the-wisp’s,seen them a few times in the village I used to live in,even had one in the garden once!
But one night I was out lamping on the marshes,and there were quite a few of them whizzing about,at first I thought it was a laser light show in Southend,or somebody else out lamping,but it was really dark with no signs of light anywhere,plus they were whizzing in and out of the tree’s at the edge of the track.
Thought to myself I’m not very keen on this,especially as a lot of people had died on the marshes many years ago,when there was an explosives works out there,and there was an accident with some nitroglycerine that caused a huge explosion,so you can imagine what sort of ideas were going through my head! :fearful:
So I took off rather quickly,and the blooming things followed me all along the track!
Got to the nearest road,and they shot off elsewhere,and that was the end of my lamping that night!

You know what’s more bizarre than UFOs? Microsoft with its own linux platform! Is Microsoft capitulating or trying to take over linux? Microsoft hates linux for the past two decades or so, now they are embracing it!? It’s called Azure for Iot devices. Who thinks this is a cough, cough, choke a great thing for linux? I think Microsoft should be shoved into /dev/NULL then permanently deleted!

In 2006 there was already a commercial fight, in 2007 contracts with SUSE and were renewed in 2011 due to the union between Oracle/Linux and from there to here the news has been growing since the launch of Windows 10 that the Azure platform uses Linux as a base and the concept is simple, the Windows operating system with its 2, 3 GB does not “fit” into micro, mini and nano chips and as they (MS) support $$$ the Linux foundation that happens.
=>> SUSE
=>> The Wall Street Journal

In November 2017, Linux was already part of more than 40% of the Azure platform.
=>> ZDNet

After Windows 8 the desktop system is no longer the boss car, not far from the day we will see a Windows online, the 10 is full of banners, bloatwares and advertisements, it seems Facebook hahaha … has even official keylogger, the desktop generates about 30% of gross revenue, the rest are signatures, copyright and intellectual, patents and other technologies, without assuming Microsoft follows the path that Apple has already trebled, gradually want to be in all areas of technology.

It’s not UFO … :joy:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, then watch this!

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tH9_Jd_0eDE

With Microsoft windows 10 makes a PC a UFO, Useless Flying Object! :joy:

The best way for MS to rid the world of Linux is to get involved in Linux itself? Slowly but surely they would take over until it is assimilated Borg style into the MS infrastructure?

2 Likes

Well, doesn’t Bill Gates believe in population control? I think it’s both human and OS population control that he is practicing. Get rid of the competition or control it and make money. It will be a very sad day if Microsoft somehow gets control of the linux system.

I can see it happening. Not that I want it to.

Somewhere, somehow probably in the States the government will make a law saying owning a Linux distribution not distributed by a approved developer will be illegal.

Haven’t they made rooting your Android phone illegal over there already?

1 Like

No, we can still root our phones legally. But of course you void your warranty unless you reflash a fresh copy of the original OS. They are trying to attact the usage of the internet. And technically, linux is under a system that even the government uses. Linux is a branch of the Unix software OS.