Top bar

So I said “what the hell!” and logged into i3 not knowing what I was doing. I had to select a top bar so I chose i3
I couldn’t find my way around i3… so went back to openbox and now I have 2 top bars… and neither is the one I stared with… any clue on how to get the original back and kill the second?

Thanks

Hello sir,

I’m not 100% sure but I think that you can try to run al-polybar-session from the terminal and pick the bars you want to be launched.

1 Like

Thanks, will give that a go when I get home tonight.

on a side note, is there a way to get indicators on polybar or tint2 as to remove that gnomeish indicator tab in the bottom corner?

I’m not sure if I understand what you are trying to say :stuck_out_tongue: What do you mean “gnomeish indicator tab” ?

The indicators come on the bottom left of the screen, not in the polybar/tint2 bar… was wondering if there was way to get indicators into either one of them.

Oh I know what you are talking about, there is way to remove it but I cannot really recall how I did that :stuck_out_tongue: There is a possibility that if you connect out the “systemtray” from your Polybar configuration file it might no away. :stuck_out_tongue: But as I said, I’m not 100% sure :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Mate.

“killall trayer” will kill the gnomeish indicator tab. Just uninstall it if you don’t like it or remove it from your autostart. You can add by uncommenting the following (assuming you are using the default config):

;;;;;; Tray is commented out ;;;;;;;;
tray-position = center
tray-padding = 10
tray-background = ${colors.background}
tray-offset-x = 20%

1 Like

Which actual text file is that in…looking in polybar config now…I see nothing like that?

Thanks

That is in the polybar config. Here’s my config for you to take a look at.

1 Like

Yeah, that block about indicators must have been removed from current default. It wasn’t there…thanks, i’ll do the ole’ cut and paste routine.

1 Like