To crypto or not to crypto

Pass on some of your advice and experiences. What coins you prefer, what exchanges you use, etc.
I have non to offer but would love to hear what you may have done.

For me, I have a fascination with both Monero and Wownero. I just cant seem to find a decent exchange that does not require KYC. Kinda takes the anonymity away from the coins

No crypto on my end, saw some stuff about those on YT , but looks like it s not for me.

No use for now.

1 Like

i have never used any of these crypto, coins stuff.

The only time crypto piqued my interest was because: Silk Road. We all know how that turned out.

I was skeptical about bitcoin back in 2010 while listening to Linux outlaws podcast and what not. Mainly because I didn’t think you’d be able to redeem the coins for anything meaningful. Had I mined back then I’d be running my own restaurant and lodge by now semi or fully retired. And just playing when I want.

1 Like

Back in 2020. If I’d put 10k in my clients stock (an oil company) I’d be able to retire now too. I guess I’m just not good at gambling or I like the punishment of being a worker bee.

1 Like

Fab was always hammered in those podcasts lulz. Too bad they don’t do those anymore, unless Fab had to go to rehab.

Yeah back then would had been a good time, the way crypto is going now, all these scams are gonna fuck it up and cause it to be regulated. Celebs are hawking crypto like it’s their own brands of tequila, I see a bust coming.

Fab drank. Dan smoked.

1 Like

Fab was young enough and German enough that he handled it. I still see him on Reddit randomly sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah Fab was a lush, I didn’t know Dan smoked.

Tell him to start the podcast up again, where else can you find guys getting hammered and talking about Linux? Besides here?

I would but I never knew them. Was only on a talking level with the Newboroughs that made crunchbang. Did some google plusn meetings or whatever their called back in the day before google axed it.

1 Like

I listen to Jupiter podcastings stuff now. They’re really good but at times a little washitonionian for my taste.

1 Like

Yeah there were a couple of other Linux podcasts I listened too during that time. I don’t listen to many of them now because they are all like LinusSexLess and Distrotard guy now. Sensational bullshit.

1 Like

Basically I don’t like to see people in my backyard with Cali Oregon or WA plates. If theyve made it that far though some of the most amazing places like Idaho or Wyoming or Utah or Montanah why the fuck are they trespassing and messing around on our land. My father in law use to burry people like that for the teamsters.

I like what you do because you stay true to Cali. I just can’t stand the drifters now. They’re very real and they’re all millennial pieces of shit that don’t even know what they believe.

I know we drifted a bit away from crypto, but maybe we should split this into it’s own topic.

I know what you’re saying though, and I am over 50 years old. Millennials are the products of the internet and technology, instant gratification at their fingertips. They really only exist online, and on apps like Tik Tok and spaces like reddit. They want everything given to them because they always had shit given to them from parents who are career focused.

I work in live production, corporate, theater, and concert. I have to live where the work is, until I don’t. I love California, but if I had a chance to live in Europe, I would. I’d love to check out Ireland for a bit. I love rural US, but you won’t find a lot of jazz and funk there to play with others. I’m not much of a “seasons” guy either, I love the Cali weather.

I think millennials need to go out into the real world and get their ass kicked by it. They think the world should revolve around them and it doesn’t. They might be a consumption force, but not a true solid electorate. They want change but they don’t want to earn it. Bernie Sanders and Ben Shapiro are doing a number to their soft heads. They need to grow the fuck up.

1 Like

You said the words I didn’t have on that one.

1 Like

As far as the excessive drifting and grifting are concerned the gas prices are about to hand their little rectums on a platter.

1 Like

There is a thread on Reddit that I was reading last week that talked about gas prices, and countries like Norway and Denmark are paying like 7-9 EUR per liter, other countries are felling the bite too, the US prices are way less. Inflation is also global, it’s just the by product of a global pandemic and the emerging markets because of it. Wall Street made bank during COVID, the housing market is skyrocketing because of supply and that;s where a lot of corporate investment is going now. We really are feeling the effects of the 2008 recession, they just kicked the can down the road. Eventually the market will correct itself but it’s going to be painful for a lot of people.

1 Like