Thankyou ArchLabs programmers

Just wanted to thank all involved, Ive tried Arch Base, Garuda, Artix, Arco, Blackarch etc. none of which made it easy to install them the way I imagined, I know Arch very well, however I hate typing all the commands at install, so I generally let Dracut find where all the encrypted directories are, however thanks to the AL installer, and tty terminal at launch, was finally able to figure out how to impliment Serpent, Whirlpool, argon2, sha3 with luks2 end-to-end FDE, combining it with the boot partition being on a separate removable USB drive, effectively making the setup TRULY Bulletproof, prior to finding ArchLabs I couldnt find the sweet spot between manual installation with annoying and tedious typing while also making it easy with the system finding everything for me. So thankyou AL for helping me with that awesome fn script.

-King

4 Likes

Welcome to the club @KingDotNet I’m glad you found AL, there’s a big chance this will be your last stop for a long while :slight_smile: Enjoy!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @KingDotNet .

Glad that you enjoy AL !

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard, hope you like beer!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @KingDotNet

Welcome to the forum @KingDotNet. Enjoy your stay here!

Welcome aboard. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

@chroot more than you know lol.

@drLobes For a while? I try not to distro hop too much, which is why I was driven to find if not perfect, the closest thing, I jumped around Arch to Arch-Based for around 2 years, finally I found what I was looking for it seems, which is ironic as when I switched to using Arch/Arch-based as my main system, the first 2 Arch distros I heard of were ArchLabs and Blackarch, finally got around to looking into AL, better late than never, thanks for the warm welcoming everyone, appreciate it.

5 Likes

I said a while, didn’t wan’t to be pushy or brag, you make your own decision how long that while can be. Don’t know where you heard it from about AL, no marketing is done on behalf of it :)) I came here by mistake almost, because of @nwg’s tint2/weather scripts I think.

6 Likes

@KingDotNet I just saw your post at the Arch forum. Don’t worry, you’re safe here and more than welcome :smiley:

We don’t use made up terms for things we just say it straight.

LOL “sockpuppetry”.

3 Likes

The irony is I decided to leave before the ban, don’t even get me started, side note to anyone who wants to get unbanned on Arch when they forget about unbanning, call your ISP and request your public and private IP be changed then make a new account, I outed myself cuz some were trying to brag about how good they are. Judging by the ban I think I won lmfao.

Edit: That’s not even the best part, on the ban screen under comments from whoever banned me, you know what they linked? This made it all worth it, and it’s too ridiculous to make of…

They literally copy a Wikipedia article, and upon loading your greeted with a sock with googly eyes and a drawing mouth on somebody’s hand and that’s supposed to represent what I was banned for.

4 Likes

I never know what to expect on the Arch forum, but nothing enjoyable for sure. That’s why I’m here. Hi @KingDotNet!

4 Likes

If it weren’t for sock puppets, those guys over at the Arch forum wouldn’t have any sex partners.

2 Likes

Well thank you, it’s not perfect but we try.

Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes