Tell us about your gadgets

Bet that it will have no trees left on his yard !

1 Like

4 Likes

lol, the chainsaw man !

A little project I have been working on. Home made battery pack with Battery Management System working and tested. Guess I could have taken the unit off the case of beer.
Still waiting for a few items to arrive so I can finish the project.
50 amp battery pack to run a 300 watt 120 volt inverter for cell booster and some lights for camping.

4 Likes

Wonder if your system s also solar as in some sailboats !

1 Like

Will be hooking it up to a 200 watt solar system.
Hooked up 1 led bug light for 10 hours and it only used 1% of the battery pack, it’s the cell phone booster that uses the juice.

2 Likes

Finish my build and ready for summer camping.

7 Likes

Oh, nice work @sammiev

Edit; You assembled it all !

1 Like

I’m ready to the summer, too. Unfortunately it’s not yet ready to me. :confused:

1 Like

From welding the 40 LIFEP batteries together with nickel rails to drilling holes for the all the components including a 40 amp dc breaker.
Tested with a 100 watt solar panel and modified a Toshiba laptop power supply for charging the batteries if needed. A 100 amp BMS for protecting the batteries and to keep the batteries balanced.
Batteries should last 10 years. Tested on my 12 volt led light with bug zapper and after 10 hours only used 1% of the battery, it will suck a little more juice with the cell phone booster attached.

3 Likes

Wow, you re also an electrician !

1 Like

I need a similar thing at home!

1 Like

and likely a master of none, worked with electronics and wiring forever.
All my knowledge is from having the right friends who were the best at what they do.

2 Likes

I’m sure you can build one. :wink:

1 Like

I haven’t held a soldering iron in my hand for 20 years, but maybe I’ll try it someday.

1 Like

I purchased this yesterday, it was $300 off. Both my sister and brother have one it makes pretty damn good coffee.

Plus with the beans that a friend of mine imports from the Philippines, I am in for some amazing coffees. It’s all set up and producing excellent coffee, as you can see:

8 Likes

One of the things I couldn’t live without.

1 Like

So jealous.

1 Like

Oh @Dobbie03 s a barista now !

I want some great coffee now ! lol

1 Like