Sway instead of i3

Latest discovery: caja seems the best file manager for sway. Drag and drop just works. :slight_smile:

Good thing @nwg

The very first preview of “Azote” - my Nitrogen replacement for Sway. I wish I could record both screens… :frowning:

4 Likes

That’s awesome, good work.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s really convenient enough to make me think of making it work not on Sway only. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great! Top job @nwg

1 Like

I’ve just found out how to make it work on WMs other than sway. :smiley:

1 Like

Even better !

1 Like

Splitting a wallpaper between displays:

4 Likes

Nice work again @nwg

1 Like

Another benefit from using sway:

I’m on a triple-headed setup, with 3 different refresh rates (60, 120 and 75 Hz). Trying to force them on X11 with xrandr results in one or more blank screens, with only the cursor visible. I ended up in a command generated with arandr, with no rate given, which works:

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output eDP --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 1920x0 --rotate normal --output DisplayPort-1-0 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 3840x0 --rotate normal --output HDMI-A-1-0 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal

Unfortunately it results in some artifacts, especially while gaming on external displays. Steam reports FPS up to 120 on all displays.

This is not the case on sway. Each display works at its native frequency here.

1 Like

If someone uses sway-git: do not update the wlroots-git package at the moment. It bases on the latest commit, which seems to be broken.

1 Like

You still working on your panels and stuff or are they kind of feature complete now?

I’ve been a little bit distracted by the web scraper I needed in the office, which took me several days.

The panel itself needs no urgent attention, so I should switch to golang now. I promised to implement all the latest bug fixes and improvements done in nwg-drawer to nwg-menu. The problem is that I don’t use the menu myself, so it’s going to be quite boring. For now I have a good excuse: feeling like shit after the 3rd jab of YouKnowWhat.

Well on the bright side you and Pucek will have something to veg out and talk about.

I need to look at some of your launchers again. It’s been a while since I used them.

1 Like

IRL I only use the drawer, which does all I need, and nwg-bar, as a simple exit menu under $mod+x:

However, the dock should work well (sway only), if someone likes docks.

1 Like

Does your stuff still work on X11 too or only support wlroots compositors now?

Last time I used grid, I was using FVWM.

Mainly wlroots. Don’t tell anybody, but nwg-drawer should also work on floating X11 WMs. Requested by @sammiev :slight_smile: Tested on openbox only.

3 Likes

Lol ok.

1 Like

Working great.

3 Likes