Stop using C and C++ and focus on Rust and Java: this is what the US Security Agency recommends to companies worldwide

3 Likes

Thx for shring @judd

1 Like

We could all do with more java in our lives

I use one of their sites for work and it uses oracle db and Java and has been nothing but trouble.

I just checked right now and it is completely offline because of a data leak/ security breach. The thing that makes me scratch my head is they serve public records. So what’s that about?

2 Likes

Interesting.
Did you read the guide the NSA put out; anything interesting in there?

2 Likes

Rust and go would be a good step in the right direction. Not sure about the others. I’m speaking from only dealing with one group the Bureau of Land Management. That’s been frustrating while trying to hit deadlines and they randomly go offline or redact stuff that was public. I think they must have been beholden to paying for licenses so they can submit it for different budgets or something. It’s kind of funny, some of the county governments here have better websites.

Why does the federal government want to regulate which programming lanuage to use? They should pay more attention to who can take classified documents home? :grinning:

1 Like