Solving Potential Issues - Discussion Thread

Nicely done @Chris!

Dobbie Edit:

Just to keep the original thread clean, please add all discussion here in this thread.

Solving Potential Issues - Where to go!

Was wondering, Chris what about adding links for specific des or wms? Like duncanlock.net for xfce for Example?

I’m good with that - drop me a note as to what you feel ought to be there and I’ll take a look-see
I think what we want to do is keep in mind that while a general DE/WM is a good idea, as AL evolves, some of those WM/DE may be modded extensively - but I do get it for example, there is a general document for i3 that I can include that would be a great help.

Sure, maybe just a mention / reminder that there is some useful info on the AL start page.

Probably good idea to add Fluxbox, Gnome and Plasma.

Or I can, either way I’m happy.

Will do . Gimme a bit to wrap up what Im working on now.

What a fantastic guide, thanks for this.

One small point though:

The KornShell programming language has several different implementations and only the MirBSD Korn Shell is available in the official Arch repositories, the upstream home page for that is here:

https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm

The site linked in the OP is for AT&T’s original ksh93 program, which shares no code at all with mksh, and is only available from the AUR (disclaimer: I packaged it and I think it’s out of date now).

There is also an loksh (git) package, a port of OpenBSD’s KornShell implementation, which also shares no code with ksh93 and is derived from the old pdksh package with added GNU-style PS1 options and lots of bug fixes and code improvements:

Anyway, sorry for rambling, my OCD is acting up today :smiley:

Wow, that s some work in there @Chris ! Thx for that.

Edit: now the thing is to have people to read these or some of these links provided, did a little thread alike, but not much views I must say .

This list is fantastic.

Did a bit more work on this. I wasnt real comfy adding Manjaro to the mix. It didn’t seem to flow with what I was aiming for so :slight_smile:

Probably best idea.

I added the Reddit link.

Split off to keep original thread clean and easy to follow.

nicely done

Seems nobody mentioned this useful site.