[Solved! Thank you!] Broken updates?!?

Hello everyone here.
I humbly request your help as I’m a newbie when it comes to Arch (your distro is my first taste in it).
Following the last update, I kept reading this message in the PACLI terminal:
“error: archlabs_repo: signature from “Nathaniel Maia natemaia10@gmail.com” is unknown trust
error: failed to update archlabs_repo (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database ‘archlabs_repo’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))”
Googled that myself and tried all PGP-related solutions I could find on the other forums but none of them worked for me.
Would you please suggest what could I try to solve?
Oh, by the way I also can’t see anymore the polybar on my screen. Checking boxes on Archlabs polybar manager doesn’t sort any result. I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

404 error on pacman update
Debtap -u sync error

What version of AL are you running? 2017.12?

Open a terminal and then type “pacli”

Use option 13, see if that fixes your error.

Thank you Dobbie03. What version has become I don’t know. It was dubbed “Minimo” and I kept updating it upon a daily basis since the installation. PACLI’s Option 13 was the first thing I tried and never worked. Reading on other forums I think I understood that it’s ineffective as it’s a Manjaro-only feature

PGP error for Kickshaw and ROfi

What version did you initially install?

Pacli has been forked for use with ArchLabs, option 13 should work fine to correct the gpg error.

Sorry, I don’t know what version it was. it was dubbed “Minimo”. It’s likely it was issued around October 2017 as I downloaded it at the same time a bulkier version labeled 2017 10 was available. Besides, it is my understanding that whatever version it was originally, being Arch a rolling update model release, it should have automatically conformed to the latest version available.
I repeat: Option 13 doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried again a few minutes ago. This is the output:

"13 - FIX ERRORS
Multiple commands attempt to fix the most common issues ArchLabs users have with Pacman:

"sudo rm -f /var/lib/pacman/db.lck"
This command removes Pacman’s database lock.
Attention: Only run this command when no other Pacman instance (e.g. Pacman, Yaourt, Pamac, Octopi, PacmanXG4, …) is running.

"sudo reflector --verbose --score 100 --fastest 25 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist -g && sudo pacman -Syy"
This command searches for working and good ArchLabs repository mirrors/servers. It will automatically choose the closest server for you. The second command forces a redownload of the latest package database from the best ArchLabs repository mirror.

“sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg &>/dev/null”
“sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring archlabs-keyring
"sudo dirmngr </dev/null”
"sudo pacman-key --init && sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux archlabs"
This series of commands resets and deletes your Pacman, ArchLabs, and Arch key database and installs all keys again. This will solve problems with your local key database and ArchLabs’s and Arch’s key database. Such problems can occur when new new packagers get added, for example.
Attention: This command only works, when your system time is set correctly! Checking and importing keys or fingerprints is time sensitive.
Attention: This command might take a long time to complete. If your system appears to stop or hang, it searches for entropy in order to generate a new key for you. In this case, it might help to do file operations with a lot of reads and/or writes per minute (such as searching for files, copying large directories, etc.). Alternatively, you can open a browser and do some heavy surfing (with a lot of mouse movements, mouse klicks, and keyboard key presses): This can help to generate entropy much faster.
Attention: If you want to execute these commands manually on a system with key database problems, the command “pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring archlabs-keyring” will not work for you! In this case, connect manually (via your browser) to your ArchLabs repository server, download these packages, and install these packages manually.

"sudo pacman -Sc"
After an unseccessful attempt to update your system (which quit with a key error), you might have already downloaded unsigned packages to your pacman cache. These packages cannot be installed anymore.
This command removes all packages from your pacman cache, which are not installed on your system. Afterwards, you need to download all previously downloaded but unsuccessfully installed packages again.

"sudo pacman -Syyuu"
This last command forces a redownload of the latest package database from the best ArchLabs repository mirror. Then, all your installed packages are checked against this latest package database. If an updated package is available from the ArchLabs repositories, it will get downloaded and installed on your system. If an installed package is newer than the same package in the ArchLabs repositories, the installed package will get downgraded. This behavior ensures your packages are always in sync with
the Arch repositories, even if you have just switched the ArchLabs mirror or switched from unstable to stable branch.

To continue to pacli press [Enter], To return enter [q] and press [Enter]

[sudo] password for bruno:

(Mirrors list omitted)

error: archlabs_repo: signature from “Nathaniel Maia <natemaia10…>” is unknown trust
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 128,1 KiB 674K/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%
extra 1629,7 KiB 784K/s 00:02 [-----------------------------------] 100%
community 4,1 MiB 556K/s 00:08 [-----------------------------------] 100%
multilib 166,6 KiB 694K/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%
archlabs_repo 20,2 KiB 404K/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%
archlabs_repo.sig 310,0 B 0,00B/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%
error: archlabs_repo: signature from “Nathaniel Maia <natemaia10…>” is unknown trust
error: failed to update archlabs_repo (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database ‘archlabs_repo’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
archlabs_repo.sig 310,0 B 0,00B/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%
error: database ‘archlabs_repo’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
Packages to keep:
All locally installed packages

Cache directory: /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
:: Do you want to remove all other packages from cache? [Y/n]
removing old packages from cache…

Database directory: /var/lib/pacman/
:: Do you want to remove unused repositories? [Y/n]
removing unused sync repositories…
core 128,1 KiB 712K/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%
extra 1629,7 KiB 1663K/s 00:01 [-----------------------------------] 100%
community 4,1 MiB 1840K/s 00:02 [-----------------------------------] 100%
multilib 166,6 KiB 1852K/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------] 100%

Most common Pacman errors fixed and system updated. To return to pacli press [Enter]"

and as soon as I try to update I get the usual message:

"Enter a number between 0…24 and press [Enter] - 0 Exit Pacli

core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date

Your system is updated. To return to pacli press [Enter]"

but as of now I have 19 packages on updating waiting list.
PAMAC is of no help. It keeps repeating “Invalid or corrupted database”

1 Like
Update error "Nathaniel Maia" unknwon trust
Update trouble: signature from user is invalid error, failed to commit transaction conflicting files error
Unable to access database - therefore not updating

Do the following and you should be on your way

Clean your cache

sudo pacman -Scc

Import the keys

gpg --receive-keys AEFB411B072836CD48FF0381AE252C284B5DBA5D
gpg --receive-keys 9E4F11C6A072942A7B3FD3B0B81EB14A09A25EB0
gpg --receive-keys 35F52A02854DCCAEC9DD5CC410443C7F54B00041

sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux

sudo pacman-key -r AEFB411B072836CD48FF0381AE252C284B5DBA5D
sudo pacman-key -r 9E4F11C6A072942A7B3FD3B0B81EB14A09A25EB0
sudo pacman-key -r 35F52A02854DCCAEC9DD5CC410443C7F54B00041

Install the keyring and initialize it

sudo pacman -S archlabs-keyring
sudo pacman-key --populate archlabs
sudo pacman -Syyu

4 Likes
[Solved] New GPG issue when installing archlabs-keyring
Problems with updates

Failing that, you can set pacman to ignore the gpg verification. Edit your /etc/pacman.conf

[archlabs_repo]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = https://archlabs.github.io/archlabs_repo/$arch
Server = https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/archlabs-repo/archlabs_repo/$arch

Thank you very much indeed for bearing me, Dobbie03. This fixed things and for now there was no need to further proceed to set pacman to ignore the gpg verification. I’m very much obliged.
It also fixed the invisible polybar issue. Thank you very much again, keep up the good work!

I’m glad I could be some help. Happy to hear you sorted your polybar issue.

My installation has same problems 4 days ago,

the hints from Dobbie03 fixxed/ solved the issu for me too

thx for that

cu, stephan

1 Like

Hi!
I had the same problem for several days, today I followed the solution of Dobbie03 and all is goog now! Thank’s a lot Dobbie03!

1 Like

During this step, I get the following error:

archlabs-keyring-2017.10… 15.6 KiB 782K/s 00:00 [------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [------------------------------] 100%
error: archlabs-keyring: signature from “Nathaniel Maia natemaia10@gmail.com” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/archlabs-keyring-2017.10.11-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

And then nothing seems to work from there. Please help.

@DevilEars, did you clean the cache first?

sudo pacman -Scc

Additionally, I had to reboot before the changes took.

2 Likes

Yes, did that a few times.

Funny thing, I thought dammit if this thing doesn’t want to delete I’m going to sudo delete it. After that, I did the steps from the top again. It still moaned, but I just proceeded with the steps.

I can do updates now, seems to be fixed again. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

This update hit 348 packages to update! I guess it’s going to go to 2018.07 wether it wants to or not. The original install was at .03! Yikes! Happy days are here again…

1 Like