ArchLabs Linux

[solved] Quick request: what does the line return for you?

Guys, I’m working on some code which may or may not return what I expect in various environments. Could you please tell me what the line below returns for you?

$ grep "image/jpeg" /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

[Edit] I din’t notice that the file name and Exec= don’t have to be the same. The question is out of date. Thanks for help!

I get this:

1 Like

The last entry is mupdf.desktop;, isn’t it?

Sorry didn’t realise that it cut off.

1 Like

Thanks! The text output would be enough. :slight_smile:

I’m trying to find all programs capable of opening a certain mime type file on the basis of the mimeinfo.cache file content. My code works well here for anything but gThumb, which is listed as org.gnome.gThumb.desktop instead of just gthumb.desktop.

1 Like
[pts/0]-[~]% grep "image/jpeg" /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
image/jpeg=gcolor2.desktop;feh.desktop;geeqie.desktop;firefox.desktop;gimp.desktop;
[pts/0]-[~]% 
1 Like

No org.gnome. crap here, too. gTumb is an inglorious exception so far.

Solved, see OP. Thanks!

Got this:

grep “image/jpeg” /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
image/jpeg=qutebrowser.desktop;feh.desktop;bl-image-viewer.desktop;firefox-esr.desktop;firefox.desktop;mirage.desktop;

Thanks you very much, @altman. This part of my code already works as it should. Need some more beer coffee to include it into Azote. :slight_smile:

You re welcome. Happy to help when possible.

Gee you never stop @nwg ! lol

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a pain to have the job finished, with no idea on what to add or improve. I invented a small improvement yesterday, and I’m really happy I haven’t finished it last night. I have some occupation for tonight. :slight_smile:

1 Like