Hey @sevenday4 thank you. It’s nice to be here.
I have 4 iso files right now,
*4a1ce85fc8380ea8e0945b603aa8d66f538c42ac *archlabs-2018.07.28.iso (contains old installer)
*85b290cd4f8de4088b14ccbf89c11ec06834e10d *archlabs-2018.12.17.iso (might be faulty, sha1sum didn’t match with Sourceforge)
*55a057690fd28ef9a41ec98004ea8711e5cb484c *archlabs-2018.12.17.iso (fresh download)
*8cbcb1416e4389ec5e95ba232de7224215961bb8 *archlabs-2019.01.20.iso (fresh download)
At first, I tried going with lastest iso as normal, installation phase a bit complicated, but it’s fine. Here is my step-by-step installation log
-mount and partitioning > auto partitioning worked well (/dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2), root mounted on / with no ext4 mount options(?) (/dev/sda2)
-bootloader grub (dev/sda1)
-create user and set passwords - done
-configure system settings
- 3 options for shell, i’m going with bash without any idea?
- hostname - done
- locale - done
- time zone - done
- kernel - vanilla arch
- mirrorlist > reflector, Netherlands - done
- select window manager or desktop (optional) > just selected openbox only here, should i select more of them?
- login management > lightdm graphical login
- select additional packages > didn’t select any of them
- files downloads and installation is super fast. Finished, rebooted without USB pen drive. Grub screen, count down, boot, lightdm login, first encounter with desktop.
But there is no infographic sidebars, no file explorer, no programs, no colored and beautiful informative terminal etc…
And than i tried my chance with “archlabs-2018.07.28.iso” which is contains old installer and old system files of course. In installation there is a pop-up, which says “You really need to update!! 515 New packages”. I just ignored it and continued to installation.
Installation was a lot easier, almost completely did it with pressing “Enter”.
- Al-Hello welcomes me, but it doesn’t work as expected.
- Out-dated system is painful. Lets update system first.
- A lot of replacing questions about system files. Such as “Replace ca-certificates-cacert with core/ca-certificates? [Y/n]” “Replace geoclue2 with extra/geoclue? [Y/n]”
- I’m saying Y to everything
- Now i’m getting some conflicts. “archlabs-polybar and archlabs-user-skel are in conflict. Remove archlabs-user-skel? [y/N]” Saying Y again.
- Woah, 676.58MB download size update. Almost every file will be updated
- Download took a few min
- A lot of invalid or corrupted pgp signature. “Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]” y deleting
- errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
- get into a vicious circle
Any help would be greatly appreciated.