[Solved] Another error on the installation

That’s what I’ve been asking about for a week.

Yep , that sux, bet that some big ass corporations are bihind that .

Nvidia, UEFI, Failure to RTFM, PEBKAC

Always tryin to crash the Linux party

You bet mate

Yea sorry, we’re working on a new release iso to fix all the issues. If you’re interested there is a new beta iso that you should have no problem installing. Stable release soon-ish.

2 Likes

I’m already trying it, and it seems more fine, but I got another problem with it here.

Please actually look at my link before assuming it is an older released beta, the above linked version is 2020.04.25.

Still some issues with it though but I’m working on it.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I thought there is only one available beta now, which I downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/archlabs-linux-minimo/
Thank you, I will try it!

No problem sir, I just built this one this morning in response to your post. If you run into the wifi issue still (which you probably will) we can deal with it.

Yup, you are right, I still have the same issue with wifi.

Hmm yea, it seems like there’s an issue in recent kernel versions (>=5.5) where the intel wireless driver is not working properly with these. This was apparently fixed so I’m not sure it’s related.

Can we see what module is loaded for it

lspci -k

iwlwifi, wl, I guess?
Wi-fi worked fine with 2019/10 ISO at the beginning, except there were constant errors from the kernel that were unbearable, I described it in the previous topic I gave a link to.

We can try some fixes from the wiki and see if it helps

modprobe -r iwlwifi wl  # disable and unload both modules

# re-load the iwlwifi module with some options to disable 802.11n band and enable encryption
modprobe iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 swcrypto=1

Well, the system says that the modules are already in use, and that’s probably because I am booting from CD, but we tried to apply the same options by usind e key in the boot menu, and that did nothing.
I wonder is there a way to connect to wifi not with wifi-menu? Because the laptop sees the router, so probably the bug is about the way of connecting?

Have you tried nmtui-connect?

If you apply them at boot use

iwlwifi.11n_disable=1 iwlwifi.swcrypto=1

I’m not actually sure if that will work but it should.

Try forcing the removal/insertion with modprobe using the force flag -f

EDIT: fixed cmdline options thanks @anon42040838

1 Like

From the gentoo wiki (arch also says the same)

No internet connection

If you can connect to an access point, but still can’t connect to any server or get any connection to the internet it might be worth a try to disable 802.11n and/or enable software encryption. You can pass the 11n_disable=1 or 11n_disable=8 and/or swcrypto=1 option to the iwlwifi module. In order to pass the option automatically on module load create the file /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf as follows:

FILE /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf Disabling 802.11n, enabling software crypto

options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 swcrypto=1

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Iwlwifi#No_internet_connection

So, fortunately, nmtui-connect worked. I guess that’s the command archlabs-installer uses. It didn’t work on 2020/03 beta.
Applying iwlwifi options, on other hand, did nothing. I am not even sure they were applied, cus I just typed them at the end of the only line and hit enter, there was nothing else to do.

By the way. I’ve tried the newest vanilla arch from flesh drive, and it was connecting to wifi perfectly without any errors.

Can we mark this one as solved?

I’ve not finished the installation yet, just tried the connection. I will know for sure tomorrow.

1 Like