[Solved] Another error on the installation

One the installation process, after completing the installation menu, I’ve got several warnings about files that were unable to download. After that, I got the install error window.
There is it’s left side.

I guess unfortunately I’ll give up installing ArchLabs and will try to install vanilla Arch from a flesh derive. That’s already my second problem with installation.

I had that same problem when trying to install GNOME, but the install went fine with KDE for some reason…

Please post hardware that you try to install on.

Intel Core i5-7200U, Network adapter Wireless-AC 3168
dual booting with windows 10 UEFI from CD-RW

Thx, might help with issues.

Wonder why it s so hard to install Linux with newer pc s or laptops.

Looks like the big corporations protect themselves.

Hold on, someone might chim in & give you a hand.

I have a guess that the cause is that arch main mirrors were changed. Probably I should try 2020.03.02-beta version of archlabs ISO.

Have a look in there, might help you out. Not up to date but can still be of some help;

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been asking about for a week.

Yep , that sux, bet that some big ass corporations are bihind that .

Nvidia, UEFI, Failure to RTFM, PEBKAC

Always tryin to crash the Linux party

You bet mate

Yea sorry, we’re working on a new release iso to fix all the issues. If you’re interested there is a new beta iso that you should have no problem installing. Stable release soon-ish.

2 Likes

I’m already trying it, and it seems more fine, but I got another problem with it here.

Please actually look at my link before assuming it is an older released beta, the above linked version is 2020.04.25.

Still some issues with it though but I’m working on it.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I thought there is only one available beta now, which I downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/archlabs-linux-minimo/
Thank you, I will try it!

No problem sir, I just built this one this morning in response to your post. If you run into the wifi issue still (which you probably will) we can deal with it.

Yup, you are right, I still have the same issue with wifi.

Hmm yea, it seems like there’s an issue in recent kernel versions (>=5.5) where the intel wireless driver is not working properly with these. This was apparently fixed so I’m not sure it’s related.

Can we see what module is loaded for it

lspci -k

iwlwifi, wl, I guess?
Wi-fi worked fine with 2019/10 ISO at the beginning, except there were constant errors from the kernel that were unbearable, I described it in the previous topic I gave a link to.

We can try some fixes from the wiki and see if it helps

modprobe -r iwlwifi wl  # disable and unload both modules

# re-load the iwlwifi module with some options to disable 802.11n band and enable encryption
modprobe iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 swcrypto=1