Show Us Your Polybar

ArchLabs_Bspwm_panel

5 Likes

Looks great @Beast

1 Like

@PackRat The module is just a script so I can tell the occupied and empty workspaces apart when I toggle the bar, not clickable and stuff. Actually I have two modules: one for showing the active ws and another one for showing occupied ws because when I put both together sometimes the active would appear on the right side and sometimes on the left and I don’t know how to prevent it lol

Modules:

[module/yaxact]
type = custom/script
exec = ~/.config/polybar/scripts/yaxactive
interval = 1
label = %output%
format-foreground = #5bb955
format-background = ${colors.background}

[module/yaxoccupied]
type = custom/script
exec = ~/.config/polybar/scripts/yaxoccu
interval = 1
label = %output%
label-padding =
format-foreground = #afafd7
format-background = ${colors.background}

Scripts:
yaxactive

#!/bin/sh
ws=$(wmctrl -d | grep ‘*’ | awk ‘{printf (sum $1+1)}’)
echo “$ws”

yaxoccupied

#!/bin/sh
ws=$(wmctrl -l | awk ‘!seen[$2]++ {printf " " (sum $2+1)" "}’ )
echo “$ws” | sed ‘s/0//g’

And the script I have in my notify-send for showing both infos together

#!/bin/sh
ws=$(wmctrl -d | grep ‘*’ | awk ‘{printf “[” (sum $1+1)"] "}’ & wmctrl -l | awk ‘!seen[$2]++ {printf (sum $2+1)" "}’)
echo “$ws” | sed ‘s/0//g’

There’s probably better ways to make them but I have near to 0 knowledge when it comes to anything scripting related lol

4 Likes

I’m glad you liked bro, this clean and minimal tint2 panel currently is everything i need to get stuff done.
BTW, i’m really enjoying ArchLabs project’s minimalistic philosophy and must say thank you guys for this amazing work! Obrigado!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Beast ! Nice to see a fellow Brazilian around here

1 Like

Obrigado man, nice to see a fellow brasuca too! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Like tint2 also on my end @Beast .

Keep it on.

1 Like

Here’s my new tint2 on bspwm… (also works on hlwm) both running AL.

1 Like

Omg @PackRat @natemaia I just saw this commit for polybar’s xworkspaces module. I applied this patch and recompiled from source and now it finally works! It fixes the problem with occupied workspaces and now polybar works perfectly with yaxwm workspaces. Thank god I don’t have to use lemonbar anymore lol

3 Likes

Thanks; removed the polybar package (Void linux) and compiled from source. Workspaces module working in any window manager. I didn’t have to apply any patch.

That commit is 6 months old so the Void package is behind a bit. I wonder if the AUR polybar-git package would include it? Something to check when I can get on the ArchLabs box.

1 Like

I’ve never installed the aur git package, might be a good idea to check it out. Also only compiling from source dind’t work on my end, so I checked both files and the lines weren’t there. I had to modify them before recompiling again and it worked after that.

Minor tweaks; icons instead of text for headings:

8 Likes

Is that your AL or void install? Just wondering if you tried the aur git version, I’m too lazy to try lol

1 Like

Looks great @PackRat

1 Like

That’s Void.

I checked last night; I already had polybar-git installed on my ArchLabs ( some gremlin must have done it during the night :crazy_face: ).

The workspaces module was working as expected.

3 Likes

that’s good to know!

@rml can you please share your polybar config file after applying the patch ?

You don’t need to actually recompile. As @PackRat said, you only need to install the polybar-git package and the workspaces module is going to work as it should

1 Like

@rml can you please post a screenshot of your polybar with workstations visible ?

I’m on a windows machine right now, but still it’s exactly like this even though this screenshot is a couple months months old

1 Like