Show US Your Eww bar

I fixed the calendar and popups too.
Do you know eww has a log file.? ~/.cache eww_4128805366e2e886.log

Also you can change the bar width by editing the third margin as below. 50px

.module {
    margin: 0px 0px 50px 0px;
    border-radius: 10px 16px 0px 10px; 
2 Likes

Just a heads up. My stable eww pkgbuild works fine with the vertical bar but not the horizontal one. They added the “rings” widget after 0.2.0 release was tagged. I wish they’d tag another release. There’s been a bunch of changes since then.

1 Like

The development seems to be coming along nicely. I’m still over here on dwm and I don’t see me going anywhere else at the moment.

I dunno if you saw that post but I’m curious about running eew with sway. @nwg what are the thoughts of a guru?

2 Likes

According to docs (if I remember well) it should be possible, but I never tried.

2 Likes

I might try it next week.’ I was thinking the workspaces module would be easy to port since someone has already made them for i3 before.

1 Like

I just changed my vertical bar’s status area from using network manager → iwd and volume stuff from amixer → pulseaudio or pipewire-pulse.

Commit is on bitbucket.

2 Likes

Can someone post up their configs? I’m after @cogs hatchery vertical bar but horizontal. Looks like it was developed from what you guys were working on here . . .

2 Likes

@knob Bitbucket

1 Like

I’m planning on making it go sideways but @knob you can start translating it if you want.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll clone the rep. and have a look.

1 Like

@knob, this bar maybe of interest to you, maybe you could adapt it?

2 Likes

Thanks @Dobbie03. Looks good. I’ll have a closer look when I get back off holiday.

1 Like

Hey guys, I just tried Saimoom’s music widget, The thing is i can’t mpc seek to work with it, Can someone help with it, Have been trying for a day or two without luck.

Code is below.

;;  Music
(defwidget music_pop []
		(box :class "music_pop" :orientation "h" :space-evenly "false" :vexpand "false" :hexpand "false"
			(box :class "music_cover_art" :vexpand "false" :hexpand "false" :style "background-image: url('${cover_art}');")
			(box :orientation "v" :spacing 20 :space-evenly "false" :vexpand "false" :hexpand "false"
				(label :halign "center" :class "music" :wrap "true" :limit-width 13 :text song)
				(label :halign "center" :class "music_artist" :wrap "true" :limit-width 15 :text song_artist)
				(box :orientation "h" :spacing 15 :halign "center" :space-evenly "false" :vexpand "false" :hexpand "false"
					(button :class "music_btn_prev" :onclick "~/.config/eww/bar/scripts/music_info --prev" "")
					(button :class "music_btn_play" :onclick "~/.config/eww/bar/scripts/music_info --toggle" song_status)
					(button :class "music_btn_next" :onclick "~/.config/eww/bar/scripts/music_info --next" ""))
				(box :class "music_bar" :halign "center" :vexpand "false" :hexpand "false" :space-evenly "false"
					(**scale :onscroll "mpc -q seek {}" :min 0 :active "true" :max 100 :value current_status**)))))

Please use the code button when posting large amounts of code.

I’m interested but can’t see myself getting to have a look anytime soon. Post up your configs if you sort this out :wink:

1 Like

Bloody hell! The music on that video has 58million likes on spotify.

1 Like

So the artist earned approximately $0.000045 for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like most of them newer musicians sadly.

One does it for passion & fun, & must have a job with the price of the equipments & so on.

How are you doing on this @djkido316??? - no doubt beavering away . . .

Here’s what I got so far . . .

4 Likes