Should I try to get this going?

I have this at my mum’s house in the UK and am thinking of getting it sent down here to Portugal to tinker with to try to get it going

Is this going to be a hopeless case?
Anyone here expert in these things and would be willing to give me hints?(I ask as I think the demographics here are ‘skewed’ towards the upper ages? - and of course because you all seem to be geniuses)

I seem to remember getting it to print ‘hello world’ so I think its mostly operational

I’m sure its not worth anything but I like getting old stuff going

Cheers

Uploading: 20191014_192144.jpg…

Uploading: 20191014_220213.jpg…

PS Looking through those photos I found pictures of my huge 2000AD collection I had to sell for a song - SOB! (as in cry, not son of a)
My mum and dad were so cruel, how could they say that I was too old to have thousands of copies in his parent’s loft (I was only 50!)

2 Likes

Wow, looks like the ancester !

If not too many things to do I would try to get it going.

2 Likes

If nothing else that is one of the best keyboards ever made. Google eBay etc they go for good money!

1 Like

Either use it as decoration or donate it to local museum. It’s not worth the time trying to install anything in the device. It’s useless.

1 Like

I’m sure it would also be a collectors item now.
Likely worth more than a new gaming computer.

2 Likes

Make a fish tank out of it.

2 Likes

I am tempted, not for using it for anything, just for the experience and satisfaction
And I think it will look really cool somewhere in the house
If upper management approves …

2 Likes

Yes. Upper management will not approve anyway.

3 Likes

Ha, these upper managers ! lol

2 Likes

If you’re looking to learn BASIC then this would be perfect, otherwise I can’t see it being of much “real” use. Very cool piece though.

1 Like

I learnt basic on a Commodore PET at school and then a ZX81 at home - would be fun to try again
I think I will give it a go
Time to start earning ‘house points’ at home

2 Likes

Basic is - no pun intended - very basic and I should rephrase that to if you want to write your own programs in basic. It very easy to “learn” most programming languages but much more complex to master, in basic for example you need to know memory layout and address ranges for various types of data.

1 Like

Just came here to say WHAT A BEAUTY you have there, I would keep that one around/in the house and switched on, it looks so good(for some of us :slight_smile: )

1 Like