ArchLabs Linux

SharpBang GNU/Linux

Top job @Head_on_a_Stick . Nicee @Negata

1 Like

@Head_on_a_Stick, live session of 0.4.1 runs well as expected. Top of the shelf!

The idea of a full desktop live session, but with a bare install is an excellent idea! Go for it! Cool to see the Waldorf theme once again. Thank you for all your work with SharpBang.

1 Like

That s great @orionH . Thx for sharing

Thx @Head_on_a_Stick

Decided to install 0.4.1, all ok so far. Will let you know if there is something out of the ordinary. Now I have to go and make dinner. :expressionless:

1 Like

Thanks!

But just to be clear: the installer is Debian’s rather than something of my own devising so I would expect it to just work™ pretty much everywhere.

If you want to keep the installed system and just update the user-level configuration files then download the latest version of the sharp-configs (.deb) package from here:

https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3AHead_on_a_Stick%3Asharpbang&package=sharp-configs

Then install the .deb (with dpkg -i sharp-configs*.deb) and run this command:

sharp-user-setup --refresh

^ That will copy any updated files to $HOME and make backups of the old files.

1 Like

Downloading, got a spare lappy, will burn iso at a later day & install, looks verry promising.

1 Like

Running Azote on SharpBang allowed me to find and hopefully fix 4 bugs. :smiley:

5 Likes

That s great @nwg

Nice! Btw I will be updating the Debian/Ubuntu Azote packages as soon as #! is released, not long now. Sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

New (pre-)release: 0.5.2

I’ve now moved to my own tint2 configuration, matched to the Greybird theme, with the CrunchBang tint2rc still available as an option.

4 Likes

No hurry. I made some adjustments to styling recently, for Azote to look well in light and dark themes. I think to make one more release, probably tonight.

Downloading right now, cool! You need to change the cp instructions on your homepage, they still say 0.4.1. Looking forward to check it out. As always.

1 Like

Live session is online, a bit different this time, but the Waldorf theme fits very well. A good blend of tools I see, nice. Hope to be able to play around with it in the weekend, unfortunately I have to work too. Anyway, really cool, and thank you!

1 Like

Hard @ work @Head_on_a_Stick . Thx

Azote v1.7.4 has just been released, and it seems to include all I wanted it to at the moment. Please package whenever you can. Further Azote development is going to take some time, so no release is expected very soon.

Burning iso right now, will install in a little bit.

v0.5.4 now out.

Changes:

• Removed geeqie (feh is enough)
  • Added 9base, suckless’ Plan9 port. The binaries are added to PATH and can be specified by prefixing 9 before the command (just like with the Arch package).
  • Tweaked the tint2 configuration. It now looks suspiciously like the Plasma panel, which is nice.
  • Corrected the menu entries for the terminal applications (htop, ranger & vim) so that they now run in uxterm instead of plain xterm.

And probably a few other things I can’t remember right now :slight_smile:

Moving forward, sha512sum generation & deployment is now automated along with the rest of the build system and I’ve added my own GPG key to Github and enabled automatic GPG signing for all commits.

The release will be any time now and the version will then be bumped to match Debian’s current stable point release, ie 10.1.whatever.

4 Likes

Nicee @Head_on_a_Stick , top work

1 Like

Wow, cool, downloading right now. Thank you! I hope to check the live session this morning before work. Gosh, am excited like a kid at Xmas.

Unfortunately it is snowing heavily, and somebody got to move it…

Edit; checked the weather forecast for this week, it will be warmer and rain…:grin:

One more edit, very smooth well functioning live session. Congratulations Head_on_a_Stick!

2 Likes

Ok, a good start of an ordinary weekday. Black coffee and an installation of 0.5.5 over the previous release. I am using an old T400 for this, got a ssd though, and that helps. Thanks for keeping the Waldorf theme, fits really nicely in. There are some changes to be done of course, but just small visual adjustments to my personal liking.

Looking forward to the SharpBang future development, I ´ve become a fanboi of it. :nerd_face: