September 2021 Screenshot Thread

i have not tried JetBrain’s font in debian and ubuntu
it’s been many years since i tried debian and ubuntu

1 Like

I don’t see much difference in either, but I can only judge it on my laptop screen not on a larger display. I don’t have any scrots but even then I don’t think it would be a good measure of comparison as it would be subject they translate via web browser and such.

1 Like

Qtile. Calmer colours in the bar but the wallpaper shows the start of ww3.

I do not say it enough but AL is really great!! Thank you AL-TEAM for your wonderful work!!

womp

7 Likes

Top again @womp

1 Like

How’s qtile?

Edit: looks cool. Have you tried the wayland compositor version?

1 Like

I know I am late to this thread :sweat_smile:
I used to keep changing WMs and DEs a lot but after my previous experience using bspwm (last month’s scrot), I am finally settling down with it and likely no more distro hopping for the next 2 years as I end my sophomore year at uni.

In love with the dark grey theme of Archlabs, I’ve riced my bspwm around the very dark grey theme:

Along with the wall in the scrot above, I have customized a few other wallpapers to suit the dull gray theme, each taken from reddit. You can find everything here in my .dotfiles

As to why I changed my previous setup - It was just for trying out bspwm and CTLOS and both have been really fascinating to me. ArchLabs is my first preference of distro because it’s so light and the forum is even better than Manjaro. I’d rate ArchLabs 10/10 any day!

Great work devs
Hoping to reach the level of expertise as you guys have and be able to contribute to this wonderful distro someday.

10 Likes

What’s special in CTLOS? I The github site is in Russian?

With 4 more porters I could translate it for you (Google translate will be cheaper). :wink:

2 Likes

not woth it.

1 Like

Top @Arc

1 Like

Subjective topic of course. I found the preconfigurations in CTLOS to be better than most other arch based distros. And it’s a beautiful distro overall.

2 Likes

It’s Russian, you drink vodka instead of porter.

1 Like

Did a search of images (scrots) of that distro, I think I have tried this before a couple of years ago. It seemed like a Russian Arco to me lulz. It was their FrankenWM that was the reason why it seemed like it to me, like that Hefflor distro that Dubois pimped.

2 Likes

Nice @drummer

That’s not my desktop lulz, it’s a scrot I got off the web. I’m not much of a fan of Metallica (because I think Ulrich is a huge dick and sucks as a drummer), so thus they never are any of my playlists.

lol, hey that s fine; hate metallica on my end.

Some think he s a great drummer, they might not really know music at all right ! lol

1 Like

As a whole and when they were at their peak, they were a great metal band. Individually as players, not so much.

1 Like

LOL, why do you guys hate Metallica?

1 Like

The better question is why shouldn’t I?

1st because of the napster stuff back in the years & liked maybe the first 2 albums that s it on my end.

@chroot

1 Like