Scrot cloud down

I’m sorry.
It was fun while it lasted.
But someone uploaded something that was beyond illegal.
This resulted in al my sites being taken down.

I had to make the call to not have scrot.cloud back.

I’m sorry but that’s how it is.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Madmedic

You did a great job on that project.

Always due to some dumbass somewhere, & you have to pay for it! It s beyond me. sorry that it happened to you .

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that, there is always one in the crowd.

4 Likes

Unfortunate.

Hope you didn’t have any legal hassles because of some idiot.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hope you don’t need to pay more for somebody’s stupidity.

4 Likes

Well the person was stupid enough to upload a flagged image. Logs have been handed to the police they can sort that out. Along with all the websites where those links were posted.
Fortunately my host was understanding and my other sites came back up.

5 Likes

For the record,
I might setup another image upload but only limited to registered members here. I have to look into that.

4 Likes

That would be great @Madmedic

1 Like

@Madmedic thanks for all you have done. It’s been really handy to have scrot.cloud available to us.

I hope it wasn’t a member here that caused the issue.

I am looking into an alternative now.

This has also affected the gallery at the AL home page, I am a little gutted as I don’t have back ups of those images hosted there,

3 Likes

I’m sorry man,
I had no control on what was happening and was left with no choices other than to delete the whole domain after I got the logs.

I’m happy to provide you with hosting but I have to limit it to registered users only

2 Likes

I don’t blame you at all man. No issues there. I blame the piece of shit that is uploading questionable and illegal material.

The registered users idea is a damn good idea.

4 Likes

Bad timing. :frowning:

3 Likes

It is what it is. Not to worry.

1 Like

I wouldnt mind hosting something to contribute here. It would have to be some basic php/cpanel shared hosting compatible shit as my vps is wheezing already

Said shared hosting also has “unlimited” storage/transfer, it somehow survived as the primary US mirror (Dallas, TX near Infomart to be exact) for chaotic-aur for over a month and noone said anything (few TB transfer heh) so idk, let me know if anyone has anything

2 Likes

I’m pondering on hosting something alongside the forum over on Digital Ocean, There are a few things to figure out, mainly finances and logistics. I don’t want what happened with @Madmedic’s hosting to happen to us as well.

Just pondering for now, I’m not rushing into anything.

1 Like

Im just offering what I can in exchange for what you guys give me with AL and the beauty of a community that has grown from it

All I use my stuff for is time-killing experimental projects that i rm -rf so when the inevitable happens, it’d have little impact on me (as opposed AL or something who actually uses their services for something)

Again, just tossing a coin to my witcher <3

3 Likes

It’s all very much appreciated.

1 Like

Why do you use Scrot … assuming it saves bandwidth?

Pretty much that. Plus at one point the physical size of some screenshots were larger then the forum would allow uploaded so we needed a image hosting site to store them.

1 Like

imgur is pretty good.

1 Like