Ryzen 3 3100

I just bought the Asus Rog Strix B550-f Gaming non-WiFi board and because of the price think about the Rtzen 3 3100. I’m replacing a Asus Rog Strix B450-f Gaming that has a Ryzen 3 3200g on it. I’m happy with the performance of the 3200g, but because it has Vega graphics onboard the B550-f board won’t support it. I was wonder if anyone is running the 3100 and if so what they think of it. Thanks

If I were you I would update to the latest bios on your new Asus Rog Strix B550-f install the Ryzen 3 3200g you may get a pleasant surprise.

Ryzen 3 3100 plus the cost of a video card if you can buy one.

1 Like

Not attempting the 3200 cause 50% say latest bios will except the 3200, and 50% so no it won’t. Not worth taking the chance. Plus the real difference between the 3100 and the 3200 is the 3100 is 4 cores and 8 threads where the 3200 is just 4 cores and the Vega graphics. Since I don’t use the Vega graphics The 3100 should be a better CPU. I just wanted confirmation one way or the other. Video is stand alone 1650 and I’m pretty happy with it for my use.

I just wanted confirmation one way or the other.
Well theirs only one way to find out test boot your board with the 3200 it won’t hurt anything.
I have build lots of computers just make sure you have a speaker attached to the board if you get beep errors look at your board manual for the beep codes.

LOL, used to do that, but now I’m out of my basement.

1 Like

After I posted remembered that it can’t hurt to try. After all the only thing that will happen if the 3200 isn’t supported after flashing the bios is the board won’t post and no damage to any of the hardware. I came across like I was afraid the hardware might get damaged. Deciding if I want to try your suggestion after all.