RIP - Jonathon Fernyhough

https://archlinux.org/news/in-memory-of-jonathon-fernyhough/

Arch Linux mourns the sudden loss of Jonathon Fernyhough, known in our community as jonathon, who passed away on Saturday night.

Jonathon was an active participant and contributor to Arch Linux, several derived distributions, the AUR and through personal repositories. He was enthusiastic, helpful and eager to contribute towards improving the free and open source software community as a whole.

On behalf of the wider Arch Linux community, our condolences go out to his family and friends.

Only 40 years old…

3 Likes

Rest in Peace, Jonathon.

1 Like

Sad, not another one ! RIP Jonathon Fernyhough,Too young.

2 Likes

RIP Jonathon who has done more for the Arch community than most. You will be missed.

2 Likes

Bloody hell, I just realised who Jonathon is. Wow, you aren’t wrong @sammiev with what you said.

A real loss indeed.

3 Likes

A man who has worked hard for Arch forks, such as EOS and others, as well as being well liked by the official Arch forum community.
He will be missed, for sure.
Rest in Peace.
jonathon

4 Likes

RIP jonathon

3 Likes

I see Manjaro are suspiciously quiet about his passing. Regardless of the shit that went down, I would have expected them to acknowledge his passing.

I followed Jonathon on the rare occassions I would visit the Manjaro/EOS forums. What a wealth of knowledge. He seemed like a stand up guy with the way he handled that spending issue with Manjaro and the rest of the issues there.

2 Likes

Well, if they don t acknowledge his passing shortly in some shape or so, fuck them .

1 Like

That’s my general opinion of Manjaro anyway.

3 Likes

lol, been a while without manjaro Tried it at their beginnings & tried something else & never went back, & you know what ! I m still alive ! lol

4 Likes

I’m not a fan.

I hope there is someone who will take over Jonathon’s AUR packages. He maintained something like 200 of them.

3 Likes

At my age I can’t even joke about that any more.

4 Likes

RIP Jonathon. After the shit that happened at Manjaro I promised myself I would never even look at manjaro again. He will surely be missed by many in the Archlinux community. Cancer sucks!

4 Likes