[RESOLVED] Missing AUR ArchLabs Packages

Hello. I’m getting a warning of missing packages at the end of updating when executing the command ‘yay -Syyu’. This is what appears on the terminal:

:: Searching databases for updates…
:: Searching AUR for updates…
-> Missing AUR Packages: archlabs-aurman archlabs-homepage archlabs-ob-autostart

The command updates non-AUR packages normally.
I don’t use aurman for updating. I looked up the message online and apparently this message appears because yay cannot find these packages neither in the official repositories nor in the AUR. Because of this, I’m assuming these packages have been altered/substituted/deleted from the project, and consequentially from the repositories as well. With this in mind, I would like to know if it’s OK to uninstall and delete these packages from my machine.

You are correct. According to the changelog for the 2018.12.17 release:
aurman was removed in favor of baph for the aur helper.
and aurman , al-hello , nvidia-installer , ob-autostart , and possibly a few other packages have been removed and are no longer supported

More info can be found here

1 Like

Ok. I uninstalled the mentioned packages, ran ‘yay -Syyu’ again and the messages disappeared.
Thank you.

1 Like

I went ahead and marked this resolved for you - glad I could help!!

isn’t ob-autostart needed? If not, what does it do?

I think you will find that is a GUI for editing your autostart file found in ~/config/openbox/

It’s better to edit the file directly in my humble opinion.

Frankly I never did that. But what do I expect in Openbox, I guess? I do not have my laptop with ArchLabs right now, so I can not test it.

The only reason I did it was because the couple of times I used the GUI it totally f’d my Openbox setup. Never trusted it after that.