ArchLabs Linux

Refresh for ArchLabs

So I finally have managed to get myself a new (well new to me) laptop to test on today. I’m picking it up this afternoon.

I have built a new ISO which I will begin testing ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for more information.

I’m not in a position as yet to add new functions, apps etc etc this will be nothing more than a refresh.

6 Likes

I’m going to jump back in the slack… see how I can help you out.

2 Likes

All good, early days yet. Just got home from collecting the laptop.

Just booting into AL installer now.

1 Like

That s cool , new lappy, new iso, you should do it more often @Dobbie03 ! lol

Congrats on new lappy.

3 Likes

Nice :smiley:

Im thinking of retiring my old toshiba laptop, i think 10 years is sufficient usage. Only had to replace the hard drive and battery once. Im getting worried lately though, i thought it was just the musl libc distros causing lockups but it seems i was mistaken, has something to do with my keyboard, as if i use it heavily i get full lockups which makes me think the motherboard is on its way out?

I will fervently be waiting.

I have updated the icon and GTK themes. Check them out here.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Appreciated @Dobbie03

@Dobbie03 I’ve added the new themes. I like the new look.

3 Likes

Wow, nice @Negata , Top @Dobbie03

1 Like

The Dark version looks perfect on my screen

1 Like

Nice. Any glitches or funny stuff, please let me know.

1 Like

@Dobbie03 The theme has a “focused-unfocused” effect that improves appearance, I like it.

1 Like

Most excellent, is that the focused/unfocused borders or a different effect? What DE/WM are you using?

1 Like

A different effect. I’m looking for a video/gif I made this morning with the example in thunar. I’m using i3

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can’t see anything, getting a 404.

EDIT, I see it now. I didn’t put that effect in there it must be something to do with the XFCE update.

Ok :see_no_evil:. I’m clueless. In the “dARK” theme this doesn’t happen. I thought it was something from the new theme.