Recording audio

What is a really light sound recording program? Don’t want to pull in any dependencies if I can avoid it.

basically there is a video on internet archive, I want to record some portion of audio from it.

Thanks!

This isn’t a technical question. Please post in the correct place. It keeps the forum tidy.

1 Like

ffmpeg does all

ffmpeg -f pulse -i default out.wav
1 Like

Oh OK, cool, I did not know that. That will do the job!

Thanks!

Hmm… the post is in basic help. Did you move it here? Or do you mean it should not be here and I should move it elsewhere? How can I tell if you’ve already moved it, and are providing feedback for future reference. I’m confused (sorry, this is really the first forum I have joined).

I m pretty sure that @Dobbie03 moved it to the Basic Help section, he edited the thread s title to Basic from Technical as with your other topic @vinay .

Oh OK, yes, that had me confused for a while, I thought it seems to be in the right category, maybe Dobbie is drunk or something (ha ha that was me at his age). Then I realized he musta moved it already so it looks good :slight_smile:

Thanks Altji.

1 Like

lol, it s all good, I would post your thread(s) in the Basic section , if it s technical, sometimes we don t know if it s one or not.

1 Like