Qutebrowser 2.0 Released - With Better Ad-Blocking!

Qutebrowser 2.0 is here. With better ad-blocking

5 Likes

Oh thx for sharing @Dobbie03

1 Like

2.4 is released today.

https://qutebrowser.org/doc/changelog.html

1 Like

“See you in two years!”

Sincerely,

Debian

1 Like

Oh nice!! Just waiting on it to the repos.
EDIT:

I see I have already received the update, it must have slipped in under my nose :nose:

Interestingly, after one week of use, I find it’s hard to go back to other browsers like FF. I had a short break on qutebrowser due to upgrade of libvpx this morning. Launched FF to see if there’s a report. My left hand consistently was looking for the ‘b’, ‘r’, ‘f’, ‘o’, ‘t’ keys on the keyboard. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Man, if The-Compiler can get that element blocking implemented I’d be using Qute full time for sure.

There’re some sites qutebrowser doesn’t work well, especially sites which contain entry box.

I am yet to encounter any sites that aren’t working as they should.

Gave it a try tonight, will look back at it again tomorrow.

1 Like

using this now per @chroot 's rec/info. loving it

The only thing I don’t like about it is that you can’t block 3rd party cookies and delete all history on exit. Other than that, it seems to work very well.

1 Like

Hmm. Wonder if there’s a way to script that?

Put the following lines in ~/.config/qutebrowser/config.py, restart qutebrowser,

c.content.private_browsing = True
c.content.cookies.accept = 'no-3rdparty'
2 Likes

Thanks @chroot will look into that.

2 Likes

@chroot since it’s related have you ever tried this? I’m using it now instead of qutebrowser. Basically because I’m trying to get away from the massive qtwebengine.

4 Likes

No, I’m done with Firefox. I am happy with qutebrowser. Yeah, building QtWebEngine from source is a long process.

I really started to get into Qutebrowser, but it couldn’t pass a browser test.

2 Likes

Love that site (EFF), looks a bit scary when one looks at it !

1 Like

I do as well, test all browser that way.

2 Likes