Printing with epson

Hi!

This is my first time asking for help. Anyway, i can’t get my cups to print on epson xp-615, via usb… i’ve tried everything, use to be on debian, so, well that’s it. thanks.
I’m using Archlabs, lts, on thinkpad x230.

I had CUPS working by being root in terminal. It was the only way on my end, Can be different for other people.

Also from terminal , results from this command: lsusb

Edit: You might have to install gutenprint also.

Edit2: This link might also help you out: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS/Printer-specific_problems#Epson

Hi, thank you for resonding, did all that research since 2 weeks, can’t get it, for what it worth, archlabs has been the best out of the box distro exept, has i see, for the printing part, crunchbang use to do good. Well, any way, it is a good distro, powerfull one, but can’t print… yet.

@martinlordarch , that sux that you can t print in there.

Have you checked results from

lsusb

from terminal if your computer sees the printer !

Just to be sure, benefit of the doubt, you meant gutenprint not glutenprint, hein?

1 Like

@martinlordarch , yep typo there, will fix it on previous post, thx for reminding.

no worries, thanks a lot anyway…

Also, what have you done already in order to have printing to work, might help also.Just stick around, some other members might give you a hand here.

Yes, that is the turning point. I’ve been on linux for years, but mostly copy paste is my way to do, usaualy it work, and searching around, work for me, but this is the first time i am in front of this wall. I’ve done so much thing, don’t know exactly wich one i’ve tried. gutenprint, fooprint, cups, i’ve tried all the option from cups, even the network printing, but cannot get back for no one, even me, true all the steps and misteps.;;;;

Ok cool, sometimes some don t even try anything beforehand, it s why I asked.

Are you root on terminal ! It was the way to go for me on CUPS if you have no resultys from it.What it does when you try CUPS, might help also.

I always install Sakura terminal on my AL install. You can copy&paste, a big + for me ! lol Might help you out there.

Just a come back from your precedent message for the lsusb output:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04f2:b2eb Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a5c:21e6 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 [ThinkPad]
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1058:10b8 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. Elements Portable (WDBU6Y, WDBUZG)
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Cool , is your printer pluged in the usb right now ! If so forget it, it doesn t detect it.

yes it is connected
what line specify it?
Thank you so much.

Guess it would be one of the last 2 at the buttom.

The thing is that it print the test print, but when i want to print normal, it says send, but it won’t print…

That s weird.

you freaking me out now

yes, test work, so connection is good,
but once i send printing job, it says receive, but its not done…

lol, don t freak out.Have you tried to plug unplug & or reboot to see if it would work out !.

it have been 1 week now, i am pushing for people to loose windows and apple, so its not good when i get troubled by my own system…