Post your uptime

Solus 4.2

17:54:49 up 13 days, 23:06, 2 users, load average: 0.52, 0.47, 0.33

13:07:34 up  4:12,  1 user,  load average: 0.90, 0.75, 0.71

16:53:16 up 32 min, 1 user, load average: 0.92, 0.83, 0.76
Auto starting on workspaces 1,2,3,5.
Brave , ncmpcpp-ueberzug , cava , Geany , Spacefm , bpytop.

1 Like

but what happened to workspace 4? :face_with_monocle:

I was getting the iMac there, but I have a pesky fan inside that still makes a lot of noise, so I powered down, disassembled it, but found that it may be the HD fan, which I believe is under the logic board. That is a huge PITA to deal with, at least it was yesterday. Leaving the iMac running with a faulty fan is pushing the edge of driving it over the cliff, I am trying to squeeze as much life I can out of it. It makes me really want a box again for a desktop computer.

Edit: to see what I mean, look at this guide:

uptime
05:42:38 up 4 min, 1 user, load average: 1,68, 1,61, 0,74
uptime -s
2021-05-18 05:38:05

Okey Dokey just to keep you happy I change it now. :upside_down_face:

assign [class="bpytop"] workspace number $ws4
for_window [class=bpytop] focus
assign [class="calcurse"] workspace number $ws4
for_window [class=calcurse] focus
1 Like

@KoO hee-haw hee-haw :crazy_face:

ohh, forgot to reboot lately:
10:20:55 up 6 days, 16:24, 1 user, load average: 1.23, 1.48, 1.58

@drummer anything Apple deserves being driven over the cliff :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:, will send this to my poker friends

1 Like

Lmao Great photo. :eyes:

1 Like

I never got into the Apple hate, Windows sure, I mean I have had to fix more Windows installations for people because of how bad Windows security was and still is, but since I got people into using Macs, I never had to fix those since. Now I tell Windows users to start using Linux, but I would still use Macs because as I have said before, there are certain realities one has to face when it comes to software, especially for production based software, and unfortunately Apple is way ahead of Linux in that regard.

I never owned or used anything Apple, my “hatred” it’s not towards their products but towards the company’s policies and “politics”, mainly about the prices, right to repair and the continuous spying on its users.

1 Like

uptime
07:11:49 up 1 day, 2:04, 1 user, load average: 1.41, 1.67, 1.34

1 Like

No jealousy on my end, I hate them both as hard as the other. lol

My iMac is actually quite easy to repair, a lot easier than I thought for an “All in One”. Repairing mobile devices, well they are mobile devices, the usual damage is a cracked screen, and that mostly happens because people have it in their hands for hours at a time, for reasons other than phone calls and texts. I personally have never had a cracked screen, all my devices are still in pristine condition, and I prefer iOS to Android because iOS is way more minimal, and an iPhone with an M1X chip -if they ship them with it- would be the most powerful handset ever on the market. Plus resale value, Apple products retain their value for years, opposed to other OEM’s.

Apple still kills it in the mutlimedia and creation space, no one comes close. Gaming, well you should be able to have the same experience with a gaming console as one would with a water cooled PC, yet I don’t game so there is that. But with more people shooting and cutting video now because of mobile devices, Apple has made production more accessible with the M1 as far as price point, people are doing Final Cut and DaVinci on Mac Mini’s with the M1 (the 16 gig RAM one is best for that) without much issue.

Mobile devices are meant to be predictive, assistive learning appliances. Without it, they are basically flip phones that can do video. Any smart mobile device will transmit more data that a simple phone call or text, that’s why they are “smart” devices. Tech has transformed economies, there is a wealth of marketplace in one’s pocket that has a smart device in it. Thirty years ago, that was unheard of, I did many big tech shows in San Francisco back in the early 90’s when the internet as we know had not existed yet, and when the internet finally came to market, it was over a dial up connection. Hell, client/server technologies during that time before dial up internet happened were emerging, at least when it came to the marketplace, I was there seeing it all over the Moscone Center trade show floor. Steve Jobs was running NeXT at that time. Back then, we charged extra to have ethernet cards installed in the old 386/486 boxes lulz. Today, your smartphone is way more powerful and connected than what we put out there on the trade show floor, and it’s all in one’s pocket.

I don’t know if you follow the subject about the “right to repair”, Apples tries to make it impossible fir anyone else to repair their devices except them, even the broken screens, for which they charge you allot more than a normal repair shop.

Spare 10 minutes for this guy when you can .

Yep, as car manufacturers trying it for years also.

I am familiar with it, but again, I never had a cracked screen, and people I know who have take it to the local mall and have them replaced, or replace them themselves. I have taken my iPhones apart myself, one reason because the SIM card, with ease.

I have a Nissan 300 ZX that has an engine that only has around 35,000 miles on it (the original one blew up because of the timing chain lulz), but the body needs work and the suspension is shot. I was going to buy one of the same year from a dude the next town over a few years ago, but hell if I can find someone to do an engine swap on it. To do that myself is nuts, too many parts to deal with. The dealer where I took it for maintenance would not do it, hell they wanted to charge me $2000.00 for replacing the rack and pinion.

It made me miss my Chevy Nova even more.

1 Like

Yep, hard & expensive to work on newer rides sadly.