ArchLabs Linux

Polybar is gone and wifi not working

I was looking through the preferences in the right-click menu and I selected “polybar session GUI”, seeing if it was another menu in the same way “compton GUI” had been. Upon opening it I checked the lone check box, there was no actual bars with names said to be running, and hit OK. Henceforth, there has been no polybar at the top of my screen. I have tried the “start polybar” button, and looking through the config files, but I’m a bit clueless as to what I’m actually looking at so nothing has been done. Also, ethernet works but the wireless card won’t.

1 Like

Welcome to archlabs forum @corundrum. It could be that your wifi card may not be compatible with linux. Have you used this card with any other Linux Distro?

yes, it worked with KaOS perfectly.

Can you upload your configs?

I have been having the same problm, now running polybar through autostar

1 Like

Since I hadn’t installed much, I just reinstalled archlabs and polybar is obviously back. Wifi is still gone though, and the launch connection manager button doesnt do anything.

Have you tried to use your ethernet and download other network packages to see if any of them will help your wifi card respond?
Can you use:

sudo lspci

and post the results, please.

This sounds more like a driver/firmware issue. What chipset is your wireless adapter?

I think this is the relevant one: “Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)”

1 Like

Please post results from terminal, might help a little bit:

inxi -N

command not found

Oh , might not be installed then, wonder if it s in the repo.

also it looks like b43 isn’t there after using mkinitcpio -M

Ok @corundrum , what was the version that you installed, also maybe the iso s corrupted, happened before.

Edit: Also, if you have a live session with AL, does it work properly !

the result of inxi -N is the above broadcom and subsidiaries blah blah blah but it says driver: N/A which might be the issue, also i think the version 2019.01 but i’m not too sure, and this is a full install not a live session.

Thx for the comeback, can you try a live session, wonder if some apps weren t installed when you installed AL.

i thought archlabs didn’t have a live iso?

Oh , I just update my install, didn t remember that.

As @sevenday4 stated above, please post results from this command;

lspci -k

Edit, wonder if you can install this one;

pacman -S broadcom-wl-dkms

Might help somehow..

03:01.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g 802.11g Wireless Lan Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Linksys WMP54GS v.1 802.11g wireless-G PCI Adapter with SPeedBooster
Kernel modules: ssb