ArchLabs Linux

Playonlinux

hi,
I am trying to install playonlinux on my archlab installation and I received the following error. It just gets stuck there and nothing happens

A bit about my experience with Linux; I have been using debian for a long time and quite familiar with the environment, troubleshooting and a bit of coding
But I am completely new to Arch.

So if you are offering help please keep in mind that while I might follow your logic I cant yet follow arch syntaxes and specifics

Thank you

$ playonlinux
[main] Message: PlayOnLinux (4.1.3) is starting
[clean_tmp] Message: Cleaning temp directory
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: Offline PlayOnLinux...
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: Capture...
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: Transgaming Cedega...
[Check_OpenGL] Message: 32bits direct rendering is enabled
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: WineImport...
[main] Message: Filesystem is compatible
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: Wine Look...
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: ScreenCap...
[install_plugins] Message: Checking plugin: PlayOnLinux Vault...
[maj_check] Message: List is up to date

Hello @synthia, I updated and installed POL with

sudo pacman -Syyu playonlinux

The current version in the repos is 4.3.4 indicating yours is behind, please try reinstalling POL with the above command just to be sure that isn’t a simple fix.

Personal note: I’ve never had much luck with POL, never issues getting it up and running but it always failed to install what I wanted, may I ask what you’re using it for?

For games I really recommend you try out lutris.

If you want to avoid extra applications you can just use wine and winetricks alone, which in most cases will work great you just need a script to make running the application easier than typing the whole wine command each time. I’ve done it for games like LOL in the past and could offer help if you wanna go this route.

1 Like