Philosophical Overdose

A corner to question everything and embrace the unknown, please feel free to share anything which currently amuses your own free thinking :nerd_face: :thinking:

Disclaimer and warning:

“Many ideas here are not our own, a lot of them are just to develop some healthy and fruitful philosophical exchange of material among friends. This is not a place for folks “of a single idea”, this is for those who love to question everything and to think critically. So, if you’re not cursed by curiosity and don’t love to be exposed to different ideas than yours, you might better go to a place where everyone thinks exactly like you.”

1 Like

Interesting videos in there @Beast

1 Like
1 Like

Thx for the link, nice readings in there @Head_on_a_Stick

Edit; Looks like history repeats itself.

1 Like

Thanks for the great input as always @Head_on_a_Stick, very good article!

The two sides of the coin on the A.I state of things.

1 Like

True, when something whatever it is gets overhyped, get out ! lol

Be ot be stockmarket , real estate etc.

1 Like

Right man, journalists need to sell us “stories” all the time, making our task to differentiate hype from reality increasingly difficult as time goes… I just wonder if the A.I hype - at this point - will be squashed again, specially with IBM, Tesla, Google and many other companies investing so much big bucks on it.

Ellon Musk seems to be a firm “believer”, but i don’t have any fixed opinion about it, i like think on it just for the pleasure of thinking in itself…

The Simulation Argument

1 Like

Yep, look what happened in 2007/8 when the market was hot & everything then it went busted some moment afterwrd, always been, always will be, just a question of when it will happen.

1 Like

You’ re right man, the greater probability is that it gets squashed as most hyped stuff are, but somehow i find the A.I hype at least philosophically stimulating :thinking: while others are just boring and superficial…

1 Like

If it s used properly it s ok with me but history shows us otherwise sadly.

1 Like

I am strugling to find a name for a topic with philosophical content which would please most of us bro, any help is welcome :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Liked Artificial Intelligence, but it s me only. lol

Yep, sometimes it s hard to find some tittle names.

1 Like

I thought that too, but then I’ve realized it would restrict content to only post on A.I related… I don’t know if its there so much to talk about A.I :thinking:

I can tell…

Update: Done @altman, I think “Philosophical Overdose” would be a proper title for what I’ve had in mind… :relaxed: A place to post on anything related to critical thinking and philosophical stuff.

Are we in a Simulated Reality?

What Was possibly Happening Before the Big Bang?

Is Math Discovered or Invented?

2 Likes

Nice ! Lots of stuff to listen to there !

1 Like