Pcmanfm

Tried most but like above, Thunar has been my go to and I’m older than most here.

2 Likes

I am also thinking about going back to BSD. Can’t help. :grinning:

3 Likes

lol, you bet sir !

1 Like

If you use OB and xfce4-power-manager, sure, thunar is the one.

4 Likes

Why is xfce4-power-manager needed?
I can’t remember what it does anymore.

Xfce4 Power Manager manages the power sources of the computer and connected devices (wireless mice, keyboards, media players etc.). It also allows users to control the display backlight brightness and set power-saving modes for displays and monitors.
In addition, xfce4-power-manager provides a set of freedesktop-compliant DBus interfaces to inform other applications about the current power level so that they can adjust their power consumption, and it provides the inhibit interface which allows applications to prevent automatic sleep actions via the power manager; as an example, the operating system’s package manager should make use of this interface while it is performing update operations.

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/start

Do I understand correctly that it is unnecessary?
all this is done without the GUI

Your call. I just answered the question, what does it do.

So, which method do the Thunar gang use for searches?
please
:smiley:

1 Like

I don t use any search app into Thunar, but it would save me quiet some time sometimes !

1 Like

ooohhh! Yummy! playtime!
https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/custom-actions

2 Likes

lol, in for some fun @leigh

1 Like

I like it! Bspwm :+1:

I have a command as an alias and search in the terminal.

alias find='sudo find / -name'
5 Likes

That’s hardcore… I use the heck out of find but wound never make an alias with sudo. On further thought it’s no risk but that’s a super powerful find command!!

1 Like

If you change that to -iname it will do case insensitive searches

2 Likes

Use “locate”. It’s faster.

3 Likes

Good tip. @knob cheers.

@chroot, it’s pretty quick already but I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I always wondered if there wouldnt be some sort of conflict if I made an alias with the same name as an existing command, but it seems not?

mlocate?
I had a look and (m)locate doesnt seem to work from cwd down by default, whereas find does?

1 Like

I have no idea, I have always tried to be very careful when making aliases :smiley:

1 Like