Paru ,no more yay

I use paru . it works fine for me .
Till know , no problems .
ps , i love the archlabs installer , the openbox and after a long spinning around i am happy to be on archlabs again .
i find paru a very good replace for the aur and the say the yay have no maintenange any more .
baph i never used it .

yay paru

Comes up with three choices for packages, paru, paru-bin, and paru-git.

I think I have made my point lulz.

2 Likes

yay is active and getting updates. I use yay on some installs and paru on others, no issues with either. :+1:

2 Likes

I have to say… I use pamac, pacaur, aptitude, yay, apt, pacman, topgrade, etc… (depending on what works where). On my Arch based installs I most often use pacman, pamac, and topgrade

3 Likes

Many goods ones out there.

tried it, and i dont like. there is also an issue where if you refuse to review the package, the install quits instead of just continuing to the continue to install prompt. In anycase, ill still use yay .

1 Like

I found it slower to build paru itself but the rest seems faster. You can press y to jump past the review and continue the installation. Yay updates take about a min or so while paru takes about 3 min on my crap top. That’s what I like about Linux, use what works for you.

So you’re saying yay to yay.

3 Likes

I’m using pamac only when I need some visuals looking for an app, otherwise even the cli version is allot slower than paru or baph.

1 Like

But sometimes I like the pretty pictures… :wink: FWIW the interface was recently prettied up even further. Now I hardly notice its slowness…

2 Likes