Pantheon anyone?

Hi guys!

Anyone managed to install Pantheon in Archlabs?

I installed everything according to Arch Wiki, but it seems that Gala WM has a problem. It shows the following error:

gala: error while loading shared libraries: libmutter-2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Did you install mutter? Checking the deps, I do see /usr/lib/libmutter-3.so.0
If you did and you still get the error, you could always try a sym-link.
In either case, might be worth a try.

Did you read up at the wiki?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pantheon

This might be better moved to ‘help and support’. Not sure how this relates to this topic.

Might be of some help in here, never know:

Did you update your repo beforehand ! might have to do with it, unless already did.

pacman -Scc

pacman -Syyu

pacman -S pantheon

Let see what it does on your end.

I have mutter installed, apparently a newer version. That seems to be the problem. I’ve tried sym-linking for all the missing deps. Didn’t work. I got a new error:

gala: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgala.so.0: undefined symbol: meta_compositor_flash_screen

I did, doesn’t work. It comes back to this problem i’m having.

It installs flawlessly, but the session option in desktop manager is missing, and even if i install it, it doesn’t work.
Gala continues to show the same error.

Antergos Wiki is old. It says to download the bzr version but it isn’t available anymore.

Edit: Sorry i made so many replies but i don’t know how to reply to multiple posts.

That sux.Wonder why it s so complicated.

No worries I do the same on my end concerning multiple replies.

Yeah, i don’t get it either.
And I’m using the supposed ‘official’ repository.

@pintas , some times it doesn t make any sence concerning dependencies that don t work at all.

Some times you remove & reinstall & it s working, other times it s doing nothing.

I’ve tried every alternative i could find.
Someone mentioned to downgrade mutter, tried it, and it still doesn’t work.
I noticed someone in AUR managed a patch for it, but i don’t have a clue how to apply it.
There is no correction in sight… It’s a pitty. It’s probably the only WM i haven’t tried and i can’t try it :sweat_smile:

You are absolutely right.
Don’t know why i posted in Bugs section.

Hi, been 3 months, have you got Pantheon working?

I have been trying to get it work too, but to no avail. It installed perfectly, no error in the terminal, but there’s no Pantheon session at the log-in screen …

Try the pantheon-session AUR package.

Will try and report result, thank you.

Back for result.

I tried install pantheon-session-git on top of my pacman pantheon package, and it end up with a bunch of error which starts in:

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/3) Updating fontconfig cache...
(2/3) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(3/3) Updating X fontdir indices...
:: Resolving cerbere-git AUR dependency: gala-git
:: Retrieving package: gala-git
:: View the PKGBUILD for gala-git? [Y/n] n
+ exec meson setup --prefix /usr --libdir /usr/lib --libexecdir /usr/lib --bindir /usr/bin --sbindir /usr/bin --includedir /usr/include --datadir /usr/share --mandir /usr/share/man --infodir /usr/share/info --localedir /usr/share/locale --sysconfdir /etc --localstatedir /var --sharedstatedir /var/lib --buildtype release --auto-features enabled --wrap-mode nofallback -D b_lto=true -D b_pie=true cerbere build -D b_pie=false

ERROR: Neither directory contains a build file meson.build.
ninja: Entering directory `build'
ninja: error: loading 'build.ninja': No such file or directory
:: Resolving cerbere-git AUR dependency: pantheon-applications-menu-git
:: Retrieving package: pantheon-applications-menu-git
:: View the PKGBUILD for pantheon-applications-menu-git? [Y/n] n
+ exec meson setup --prefix /usr --libdir /usr/lib --libexecdir /usr/lib --bindir /usr/bin --sbindir /usr/bin --includedir /usr/include --datadir /usr/share --mandir /usr/share/man --infodir /usr/share/info --localedir /usr/share/locale --sysconfdir /etc --localstatedir /var --sharedstatedir /var/lib --buildtype release --auto-features enabled --wrap-mode nofallback -D b_lto=true -D b_pie=true cerbere build -D b_pie=false

:: Resolving cerbere-git AUR dependency: pantheon-dpms-helper-git
:: Retrieving package: pantheon-dpms-helper-git
:: View the PKGBUILD for pantheon-dpms-helper-git? [Y/n] n

:: Resolving cerbere-git AUR dependency: wingpanel-git
:: Retrieving package: wingpanel-git
:: View the PKGBUILD for wingpanel-git? [Y/n] n

==> Making package: pantheon-session-git r116.b4b4141-1 (Wed 30 Jan 2019 05:31:54 PM CST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: gala-git
error: target not found: pantheon-applications-menu-git
error: target not found: pantheon-dpms-helper-git
error: target not found: wingpanel-git
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.

Is that with an AUR helper? If so, which one?

Have you tried working through the dependency chain manually (with makepkg)?

It’s easier to find the source of the errors that way.

EDIT: try alucryd’s repository, there are so many non-official dependencies that it makes more sense.

I’m using baph.

Haven’t look into makepkg yet (daughter is keeping me pretty busy).

I have added alucryd’s repo, however when I tried to installed it with pacman -S pantheon-session-brz which gave target not found: pantheon-session-bzr and if I try baph -i patheon-session-brz, it gave a error: 404 response from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pantheon-session-bzr.

A simple pacman -S pantheon which pulls alucryd’s repo installs perfectly, but it doesn’t show in my lightdm …

So … yeah …