Pancreatitis - the mother of all pain!

Not sure how many missed me, I know I’m still young in this community and not contributing that much but I surely missed you people, the little things going on around here, the warm feeling that everyone here is nice and always trying to help, and the screenshots which I enjoy mostly daily.

Due to my past substances and mostly alcohol abuse, when I’m not careful and slip too much I get acute pancreatitis attacks. This was my 4th one and I’ve been in the hospital for a week. Man I can surely tell you I was between the two worlds this time, wasn’t sure I’d be able to survive this one.
Tooth pain can be nasty, some say kidney stones pain can be the worst but in my mind out of all human organs I don’t think there is a more horrible pain than that from a full on pancreatitis attack. Just imagine this, it was on my mind, a pain so bad that makes you think that you just want it to end, no matter how, it poisons your mind to the point that you don’t even care if you’ll survive, you just want it to end.
And for two full days, anything they did and all the IV pain medication they gave me wasn’t working on me as it should normally work on other people, and they didn’t want to put me to sleep as the docs were saying it would be more dangerous and my body should be awake and working to heal.

I’ve been out since monday and already back to normal, trying to fix the holes in my business and smoothing things with the unhappy clients caused by me missing and breaking promises, but this kind of experience leaves a deep mark and make you look at life from a different angle.

Since this is the only community where I still post, just wanted to share my latest experience.
And guess what was the first thing I did when I got home? And I’m not kidding, it was “baph -u” then went to bed :grin:

Keep safe, enjoy life!

3 Likes

Take care my friend, it s serious stuff there.

Glad to see you back @drLobes

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, best wishes and get well, and glad you’re back.

3 Likes

Great to see you back, get well and take care of yourself.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Glad to see you made a comeback. Wish you a speedy recovery.

3 Likes

Really wishing you a speedy recovery too @drLobes . Lost a childhood friend to pancreatic cancer.

Her last advice to us was to live life to its fullest and to be kind to others.

4 Likes

@drLobes

Don`t forget “baph -ua”. :slight_smile:

I hope you feel a little better soon.
Don’t eat greasy things and especially eat less and drink less to no alcohol. That will at least reduce the pain.
But I’m sure the doctors have already told you that.
Cheer up! Get well again. (If it is possible, in the case of pancreatitis.)

2 Likes

baph all the way, I was using paru but started to like baph more.

I do feel allot better already, I don’t have chronic pancreatitis, its acute, the pain is down to a minor discomfort, I only get really painful attacks when I slip and abuse myself. In 2020 I was almost alcohol free, only had a few beers or the ocasional glass of wine but recently something really bad happened that got me so angry and upset that I started to drink again really heavy, a bottle of whisky a day or even more and eating once a day or when I remembered, my brain was all fuzzy and not thinking straight, but I was still working and acting normal, almost nobody realized what was happening to me. Just being back here is already cheering me up :grin:

Thank you all for your messages, it feels good to be around people like you! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Glad that it s getting better on your end @drLobes , be careful my friend !

2 Likes

Holy cow man, glad to hear you are okay now though.

2 Likes

Yup, in India it is :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Really, wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better.

1 Like