Lately as the world has become unglued :bagoverhead: , I have been working a bit on improving my Openbox & bspwm skills. Recenttly I have been setting things up to run on MX and arch based platforms (esp. manjaro). Given I have made some pretty good progress (by my definition) I thought I’d share my current Openbox layout. btw. I apologize that I have not done this yet with ArchLabs. The tools I am using include:
- tint2 to track and manage Workspaces visually as well as my system tray. You’ll note apps running on some of my 10 workspaces… apps are set to open magically on designated workspaces.
- conky to track resource and space usage.
- jgmenu because it is ‘slick’ and fits nicely on tint2 for easy application access; btw. I, also, use rofi as a tool to access app from my F1 key.
- pyWal to dynamically recolor toolbars, terminals, etc. and change wallpapers
- zenity & yad are used to manage and present various dialogs (an online help dialog is shown on one of the images).
When I have bspwm ‘up to snuff’ I’ll place a write-up here somewhere. Details on how-to to build these (as well as access to the relevant dotfiles for those who are interested), will be available from my eirenicon.org website.