Openbox can not log out

Hi Archlabbers!
Installed Archlabs on my third old box. Everything seemed to be alright but I can not log out from Openbox the usual way! The rofr.sh script is nowhere to be found. Can I find that somewhere and where do I place it?

Womp

1 Like

Look in ~/bin

Not on ArchLabs, I think it’s rofi_run.

rofi_run -l

for exit dialog box.

1 Like

Strange! I have no ~/bin! I was wondering if there is somewhere I can download it? And then place it in ~/bin ?

Womp

0 Likes

That’s not good. You can create your own ~/bin and copy the files over from /etc/skel

Hopefully that’s the only glitch.

1 Like

Ok. Should I copy the whole folder (etc)/skel or just the files in skel?

Womp

0 Likes

Well I copied the content of skel to my new ~/bin folder and did a reboot. I get the same message. “rofr.sh can not be found”. Did a search and rofr.sh is nowhere to be found on this computer.

womp

0 Likes

You only needed to copy the contents of /etc/skel /bin (I think that’s right, I don’t have a computer with me right now). If you copied the entire contents of /etc/skel your $PATH will be messed up.

Which iso did you use for the install? And did you restore some openbox configs from backup after install?

1 Like

To solve this specific issue, try and do it manually. Create a rofr.sh in ~/bin with this content: https://privatebin.net/?993c0def4679027b#0iWrvobrNIGKySCRsm9tqDfo963DIA9yonpka8qzLYs=

Then run in terminal rofr.sh -l.

This should work, I guess? Let me know if it did.

3 Likes

Hi again I used the iso from jan 19. I did not restore any openbox configs. I installed on a different computer.

womp

0 Likes

Followed your manual guide and the terminal command ended with “command not found”! How do I set ~/bin to my PATH? That could be the problem right?

womp

0 Likes

cd ~/bin in your terminal, then try rofr.sh -l again.
If the script works then, I guess it really is a path issue?

Also, I have [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] && PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" in my .xprofile which should be what you are looking for path-wise?

1 Like

It should be already set for Archlabs.

In a terminal what is the output of below?

$PATH

1 Like

$PATH is set right! rofr.sh -l in terminal gives “command can not be found”. I do not understand why.

womp

0 Likes

if you copy and paste files in the teminal with -l
starts

/home/don/bin/rofr.sh -l

to me he works.

edit
it is in the terminal that does not work with rofr.sh
and does he find it, I think something is missing

0 Likes

I tried to “drag” the script-file and drop it on xfce-terminal and add “-l” after. Then the script worked!

womp

0 Likes

…but running the “W-x” combination still gives the same error.

womp

0 Likes

paste this in your .xprofile

if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ]; then
    PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH
fi

logout, and try

2 Likes

You may need to edit the rc.xml file with the full path to the command.

1 Like

Thank you all for support and hints! Ector solved it!! Now it works!!
Great Guys!!

womp

0 Likes

:smile: Ector solved it? My earlier comment about the .xprofile file was not correct then? :smile:
But I am glad it worked.

2 Likes