On what other boards are you active?

I think I saw that go down.

It’s what we aim for.

3 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Different forums have different atmospheres (for want of a better word). The Arch forums are very focused and problem-centric (although the members-only sections offer the chance for a little fun) whereas these boards are much more laid back and social. Over at the Debian forums we actually strive for a more argumentative and confrontational ambiance and this can be very entertaining and fun as long as you don’t mind copping a few gratuitous insults along the way. The Ubuntu forums try to be like a coffee bar in Seattle whereas the Debian forums is more like a punk bar in Eastern Europe :grin:

4 Likes

LOL, having lived for over half a century in EE, I’ve never been to any! :smiley:

1 Like

lol, you gotta be living near of them not to get to any of them, always like that it seems @nwg !

@anon7201783 My signature is simply an innocent joke, it’s not even mine, come’s from the Star Trek series Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: #94 ("Females and finances don’t mix ") and you can find it in many places on the web. I’m using it as a signature for almost two years and I never got even a hint that someone would feel offended by it , most people find it funny that being the reason why I’m using it in the first place and it is connected with my avatar picture of the Ferengi Quark which was well know and loved character that was using this quotes/rulles of aquisition.
Check my posts on this board, or anywhere else on the web and you’ll see what kind of person I am, not even close to being a misogynist or having a habit of insulting other people.

@sammiev are you maybe from India or you just like Garuda? How is it around there, how is the Garuda community?

@Dobbie03 I used Manjaro for about 3 months but almost never the forum on the other hand if I needed help there was on guy who ALWAYS, and I say always, every time helped me on Discord and was doing the same fo everybody else there. What about an AL discord server, or any other platform, I think it would be nice.

@Head_on_a_Stick the Debian board sounds very interesting if it’s like you say it is, argumentative and confrontational ambiance, and since I am from Eastern Europe I might feel like home there as well :grin: Is there room for non-Debian users(although my first contact ever with Linux was setting up a Debian server )?

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, @anon7201783 and @drLobes. I usually don’t take part in such discussions, but let me put my two cents: words do little to create reality, and political correctness should be expressed in deeds.

3 Likes

I’m from Canada and really like the Garuda community a lot. Most folks there I have been friends with for years from other forums. They even made a section for us where we can private chat all together. If anyone signs up there, be sure to tell them that you heard good things from me.

1 Like

Are you using Garuda? Knew it’s another arch-based distro from India but haven’t tried it myself.

Hey fellas, please have a look at @Dobbie03 s post above & stick to the topic .

lol, bad boy @nwg

2 Likes

I like to test many of their releases but my main OS is Archlinux which ArchLabs and Garuda are.

2 Likes

To me all arch-based distros are similar. The difference is the community surrounding the distro. This is the reason why I like AL and decided to stay.

1 Like

@chroot It looks like Garuda might be very heavy and with allot of ram consumption, I never thought about installing it just because it comes with too many things included but everywhere I see people and reviewers praising its looks and feel if you have a good pc/laptop to run it.

@altman I posted this thread on the off-topic section anyway, so I guess we should be fine with going a bit off-topic here :grin:

1 Like

If I was out of line in this thread, I’m sorry and feel free to delete anyone of my post. :thinking:

Sounds like another bloated one.

Posts ok @sammiev

1 Like

It is for myself and why I use Archlinux and ArchLabs. Many folks want all the bells and whistles but I’m happy with Xfce or Openbox. However, I test pretty much all OS.

1 Like

Of couse. That’s the reason why we use Linux. We have choices. :smiley:

1 Like

I feel called to the blackboard. I’m a GuiBoy. :smiley:

1 Like

As with life in general, I m not the bells & whistles kind of guy.

1 Like