October 2022 Screenshot Thread

Continued from September.

October, here we are. As usual the last month brought some really high quality screenshots. So many different wm’s and de’s on display too.

As usual:

Share your dots and walls please, this saves people having to ask. Best way to do this is to have a link in your signature.

We recommend imgBB for image uploads (max 32MB) (use the linked thumbnail embed code), or as an option drag and drop your image into the reply box.

2 Likes

Last night I fucked up, I wanted to install Win10 to play a new Windows only game on Steam. I wrongly assumed my nvme was “disk 0” and the SSD was “disk 1”. Not the case. The thing that pisses me off the most if I lost my massive playlist that I had been building for the last 5 years.

Luckily I had a build of Arch on another SSD and here we are. A bit of a mess around with fstab as it wasn’t set up correctly and file managers were taking 30 seconds or so to open as were open dialog boxes but that is all sorted now.

8 Likes

Ouch.

Finished the window button decor, and fixed some icon issues so everything displays in jgmenu.

9 Likes

It is frustrating I was just planning on backing everything up this weekend. Oh well, it is what it is, I can’t change it.

Nice scrot. fvwm always looks nice.

Wholy shit, that sux mate ! One s gotta be pissed of big time.

1 Like

I was frustrated more than anything, a momentary lapse of judgement or possibly the other reason was I’d had too many beers.

4 Likes

Yep, must be the beer !

Always need a backup as the saying goes, but I never back up which would ve saved lots of time !

Adding some custom Archlabs wallpaper to the mix:

LECYua.png

7 Likes

Those are not mutually exclusive.
Trust me on that.

3 Likes

Lol, I don t need beer in order to screw up my installs !

4 Likes

Thanks.

Spotted this bit of news from @ThoamsAdam on the Fvwm forum:

but I am trying to write a compositor for Wayland which mimics fvwm.

It’s coming along slowly.

It will be epic if Thomas can get that developed.

2 Likes

gtklock modules settings in nwg-shell-config (not yet released):

Common settings:

Per-preset settings:

Fresh feature: show the playerctl module on idle lock screen:

8 Likes

Just Fedora.

Screenshot-20220930-185128
image upload no limit

8 Likes

Change of pace for October. Ezarcher Cinnamon and then put my own iso together. Great tooling.

8 Likes

I’m always tempted to hibernate this time of year, but let’s make our desktops great again instead. :wink:

6 Likes

Greetings from Vietnam to Poland between two hibernating OF’s :smirk::sunglasses::pray:t2:

2 Likes

I know you guys live in the future, but I’m still stuck in september…

bunsenlabs beryllium + i3wm

8 Likes

That is an epic wallpaper to say the least.

InstantOS just for a change i rather like it to be honest and the wifi on my slightly newer laptop just worked so that was nice because on my hp250 g3 the wifi seems to be a real problem

9 Likes